ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ISO Programming - Edit/Merge

(1/1)

gregheaton:
Hi, I have a little task that I want to automate for some people at work and instead of getting one of you competent coders to do it, I'd like to attempt it myself. However, I cannot find any information on it.

Essentially, what I want to do is merge two ISO files into one ISO file. My preference is to use VB, but I can also work with C#

If you can point me in the right direction to get started, it would be a great help.

Thanks in advance...

f0dder:
This is probably a bigger task than you're imagining...

there's multiple filesystem formats being used in isos: ISO9660/joliet, rock ridge, UFS, and probably more if you're into 'exotic' ISOs. And there's various extentions and rule-relaxations as well.

Your best bet is probably finding a tool to extract ISOs, extract both files, then use mkisofs (or that Microsoft tool that allows only storing data for identical files once), and re-build the ISO.

It's a bit hacky, but at least you can automate the process...

Renegade:
I think you're bang on the money f0dder. i.e. Extract the files & create a new ISO.

gregheaton:
hmmm, not the response i was after. but, thanks for the replies anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version