topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 17, 2024, 7:13 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: ITSD Organiser (Organizer Officially I guess..)  (Read 4917 times)

Redhat

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
ITSD Organiser (Organizer Officially I guess..)
« on: December 13, 2006, 08:50 AM »
I have come across ITSD Organiser, found via FileForum (complete with comments by our Great Software Guru zaine!)

I need a piece of software that allows the Project Management section of my job to run a bit smoother. Outlook does not cut it with me in this respect. It needs to allow me to manage people, communications, milestones and contact details.

I cannot at the moment try this out (I'm on a workstation that I'm wrestling to fix.. not a technician but hey can bill for it  :D) so I would appreciate anyone with experience of ITSD to possibly comment on it's suitability for this purpose.

Much abliged in advance  :Thmbsup:

Clive

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: ITSD Organiser (Organizer Officially I guess..)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 08:17 PM »
Have you seen Open Work Bench www.openworkbench.org? It's freeware and claims to be a project manager.
I was looking for something that would be useful (I'm thinking of having a house built) and that would not only help with the planning but also keep track of expenses - over or under budget with various trades, etc.
I've downloaded and installed it, but it's a bit too arcane for me to use straight from the box. You may have better luck with it.
The forums are hopeless for Open Work Bench,IMHO, as they are clogged with spam.

Clive

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 05:45 AM »
Here's another possibility (also free for personal use)http://www.abassis.com/index.html

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 03:40 PM »
Matt, if you're looking for a collaborative edge, you might consider Socialtext. It's an online wiki tool that keeps everyone on the same page.