ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Mini-Review of Fineprint (Virtual Printer)

<< < (9/22) > >>

mouser:
Fineprint people have been nice enough to offer dc members a good discount.. details to follow  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

Darwin:
HOORAY!  :-* :Thmbsup: :D

rjbull:
I really think governments should act on this kind of stupidity and charge companies that do this a levy on recycling costs of old printers unless they reduce ink costs to a reasonable level.
-Carol Haynes (December 15, 2006, 08:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Don't forget there's an entire industry devoted to recycling, refilling and remanufacturing toner and ink jet cartridges.  The most common trade paper is The Recharger magazine

(Disclaimer: I work for a company that (amongst other things) makes toner and ink jet ink.)

Carol Haynes:
True and for a lot of printers they make sense as they have their own print head (though some of them use ink of dubious quality and I had quite a few that didn't work brilliantly as the print heads got clogged).

Canon on the other had (for me  at least) means using original manufacturer cartridges as the use of others invalidates the warranty on the print head. Having said that Canon consumables are considerably cheaper anyway so it is less of a big deal.

patteo:
Added some modifications to mini-review :

An Update on 20 Dec 2006

If you're trialing Fineprint, have a look at Blue Squirrel's ClickBook before you commit.
It may have a similar enough feature set it's also $49.95
I last used Clickbook in 1998
http://www.bluesquirrel.com/products/clickbook/

-NigelH (December 13, 2006, 07:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Clickbook in fact appears to have even more features.

I have not attempted to review Clickbook in the light of this new information.

Perhaps someone else would may want to attempt a Clickbook mini-review.

But do see remarks by none other than Darwin below :

Now, I actually showed up here to say: Curse you patteo! I've assiduously avoided trying FinePrint for at least 5 years (I kid you not) because reading about it I always thought "what's the point"? Zaine's review of it at the Great Software List has been wearing me down for over a year but this was the last straw and I installed both it and ClickBook last night. ClickBook is already gone but I am hopelessly in love with FinePrint. Patteo, this is going to cost me money! My wife will be wanting a word with you when she sees the credit card statement. You have been warned.
-Darwin (December 14, 2006, 05:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
-patteo (December 13, 2006, 07:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version