ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Mini-Review of Fineprint (Virtual Printer)

<< < (8/22) > >>

cranioscopical:
Carol:My Canon ip5000 has a cartidge tray feed but it also also a straight through feed - it is great to have the choice. Plus it includes automatic duplex, automatic 4-up booklet printing (which is really neat), mulitple page reduction to a single sheet and CD/DVD printing and produces really great photos. Add to that PictBridge (no computer) printing from cameras, auto on/off and self-cleaning and I can't think of much that is missing.
--- End quote ---
Sounds good to me. What's the print life like? Do you notice fading of material that's under glass? Do you use a Canon camera? (My H-P 2420 is a laser, which I need for when I want to generate a high-quality 100+ page report in a hurry.)

Carol Haynes:
I haven't noticed any fading when I user "Canon Photo Paper Pro" (that's from my last two printers - the previous one was an S520 which is still being used by a friend).

I have a Canon EOS 300D camera with a growing number of EF/S and EF lenses and other bits and pieces. Really good (I can't justify upgrading yet to anything better as the pictures seem good enough to me as it is) but a bit bulky for carting around when photography isn't the main purpose. I have just started using an IXUS i7 for convenience (it really is a tiny pocket camera and very good - fits in the palm of my hand).

cranioscopical:
Carol:I haven't noticed any fading when I user "Canon Photo Paper Pro".
I have a Canon EOS 300D...  I have just started using an IXUS i7 for convenience
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the responses. I really appreciate the feedback. It's good to hear about what hardware others use and like.
When I first bought a digital camera I found its relatively small size liberating after using a lifetime collection of 35mm equipment. Then I began wanting more flexibility, so I bought another camera, larger and more versatile and--presto--I was back to lugging around too much stuff :)
I'm interested in your reference to the IXUS i7. It's certainly small enough, and the radio remote appeals to me; I had a similar thing on my main 35mm and it was great for catching the local wildlife.
I guess this is getting well away from the topic of Fineprint so we should desist. Thanks again for the answers!

tomos:
I haven't noticed any fading when I user "Canon Photo Paper Pro" (that's from my last two printers - the previous one was an S520 which is still being used by a friend).
--- End quote ---

Carol, you're using canon inks ?

photopaper recommendations !I still have an i560 (but its giving up on me..)
but with the original canon inks & "Canon Photo Paper Pro" I got terrible fading  - in fairness that was with print regularly in direct sunlight. That was over 2 years ago now, I think the inks have improved since then.

A paper that is highly recommended for canon is Ilford Galerie - Classic Pearl (slow drying - very long life from a fading point of view & gives a slightly "richer" print, but easily damaged by humidity/moisture - even from handling), or Smooth Pearl ("instant" drying - more quivalent to the Canon Pro paper)
I can get them cheaper than the canon papers (here in germany at any rate)

Carol Haynes:
Yes I use standard Canon inks and Canon paper for photo printing - I have a mixture of matte and glossy papers and haven't noticed particular problems-  though I don't really have lots of material in constant direct sunlight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version