ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Commentary on ScreenshotCaptor - 2.28.01

<< < (2/6) > >>

mouser:
glad to hear i fixed that text font size error finally :up:

as for #2 - one fix is to use redbox mode to capture regions.  it has pros and cons (select red box mode for region capture in options).

as for #1 - i will look into it.

cranioscopical:
With two monitors, if I use the sytem tray to start 'Grab selected region' I can only grab from the monitor that's hosting the system tray. If I trigger the same 'grab' by hotkey I can grab from the monitor on which the cursor happens to be, but not from the other (this is the same for me in earlier versions).
--- End quote ---
Mouser: one fix is to use redbox mode to capture regions
--- End quote ---

* I can't move the redbox from one monitor to the other. Or, actually I can but it vanishes into some cosmic bit bucket never to be seen again.
* I can stretch the redbox across monitors (the visible 'half' is extending, not moving) but the 'half' on the second monitor is invisible.
* If I move the redbox completely off of one monitor it's inaccessible thereafter. Subsequent operations don't bring it back, so I killed the .ini file to reset the redbox position to default. So, SC positions the redbox properly, it simply doesn't show up (on the monitor from which it was NOT started).
* If I make a redbox capture on the monitor where it's invisible (by crtl-clicking) it makes a capture but the "You have captured...what now?" requester is hung and it'll hang any other window that's open, too, until I kill SC via task manager.I'll try to see what else I have running that could be manipulating monitor 'screens'.

mouser:
i wish i understood why red box capture works on some people's multi-monitor setups and not others..  works perfect on mine.  i'll look into it.

cranioscopical:
i wish i understood why red box capture works on some people's multi-monitor setups and not others..  works perfect on mine.  i'll look into it.
--- End quote ---
Well, here's the deal. Since Veign is displaying astounding generosity in providing the prizes of the century one is prompted to chip in with some more motivation. I have $1.74 DonationCredits left and, if you can fix this by tea time today, it's ALL yours!

mouser:
question:

does redbox capture display the same behavior no matter what monitor you are on when you trigger the hotkey?

i.e. is it always visible on CURRENT monitor, or always visible on a specific monitor.

also: what operating system are you using?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version