ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Commentary on ScreenshotCaptor - 2.28.01

(1/6) > >>

mouser:
Ok this new release of 2.28.01 may have some rough edges but it has some significant new stuff.

Most prominent is a complete emailing system.  You can use mapi or a built-in smtp mailer, and add as many people you want to the sendto menu for very quick and easy emailing of screenshots.

Let me know if you like it, and any issues you find.

russell.williams:
I still get the problem of the copied to clipboard images being reduced by 50%.

And though it shows "Don't Auto Save Captures" it still creates a c:\temp (screenshot folder) file:
         32,999 Screenshot - 11_27_2006 , 4_17_42 PM.png

mouser:
russel are you sure its not just your image viewer showing them at 50%?
i dont see any way that it could be reducing image size by 50% when copying to clipboard.  can you tell me the procedure you're using to copy to clipboard and then view the clipboard contents?

i will check into the temp file issue.

mouser:
Early alpha with some improvements to object handling efficiency which i am nervous to release officially but very much welcome beta testers:

https://www.donationcoder.com/Alpha/ScreenshotCaptor.exe

cranioscopical:
You have overcome a quirky thing that used to occur. Adding text to an image, then selecting it, then selecting the number in the "Text Size" box and typing a replacement number created an error condition -- fixed. 

Nothing to do with this release but:
1) The 'cross' cursor is invisible against the grey background colour of my screen. ("Change the background!", I hear you say.) This is true of, say, SnagIt (but that also uses a light coloured pointer, ajacent to its 'cross', to help people who insist on strange background colours).
2) With two monitors, if I use the sytem tray to start 'Grab selected region' I can only grab from the monitor that's hosting the system tray. If I trigger the same 'grab' by hotkey I can grab from the monitor on which the cursor happens to be, but not from the other (this is the same for me in earlier versions).
...and so the universe metes out another punishment...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version