topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 1:19 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA- extend the usability of.....(see inside)  (Read 4011 times)

dtrud0h

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Rant-Zone
    • Donate to Member
IDEA- extend the usability of.....(see inside)
« on: December 12, 2006, 06:37 PM »
  Hello mouser, and coders alike,
    First I have to say that I'm sorry for not being around for like the last year and a half,  I switched to using linux, and have been learning that, and some other things and honestly don't have too much use for Windows apps.  I'm not ripping Windows, or Windows coders here, or anything like theat but most of the stuff here just doesn't apply.
   Anyway, to get on with my Idea/Request;
  I've been playing around with SMF 1.1 (Simple Machines Forum, the same version that's used here for this forum.)  And I've come across a very useful add-on package for it called 'Custom Actions'.  What the extension does is it allows an administrator to create a static page based on his choice of either
<? php , [BBC], or <html>  code to be added to their site.  The problem with the software is that the usability is a bit hampered by the design.  In this ;

Notice how small the textarea input box at the bottom is.  It would be much more user friendly if the box was like;

The files in the supplied archive are in <? php, and .xml and modify the install of SMF to accomodate the panel shown in the first image.
I don't know if the settings for the size of the textarea are in there somewhere or not.  I do not know if the settings are somewhere in the MySql database somewhere, I do however know that Mouser has had his hand in the SMF cookie pot with his awesome mods.  So If anyone would like to see if they can get it to create a larger textarea by default, or as a selection somehow it would be great.
<- I have nothing witty to put here ->
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 06:42 PM by dtrud0h »