ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Freewaregenius.com site - freeware reviews

<< < (3/3)

jgpaiva:
Well... If he can't appreciate the quality of farr over launchy, he can't be trusted :P

dk70:
May be he just got fed up with the many many retail/shareware products which are not worth paying/cracking? Got addicted to freeware and now cant see anything else. Unless payware is better why pay up sounds good to me.

I dont think those who base income on coding would release much freeware! Besides some of the software listed will eventually spin off in payware versions, some already are connected. Freeware could be a way of introducing/(beta)testing software at the marketplace.

Darwin:
I've seen launchy top other lists, too. I was reading one recently and got as far as thinking "I'd better point this bozo towards F&RR", then promptly forgot the whole thing... I had that thought because it was the second time I've seen launchy touted (this makes three) in the last month or so.

Tekzel:
I am a wierdo, I don't like simple software.  A simple program is just too limiting.  I like features.  I like options. Gimme!

Mouser, a thought.  How about 2 modes in ScreenShot Captor, "Simple" and "Advanced".  In simple mode it would have only a few of the most common options and be as wizardy as reasonable.  You switch it into advanced mode and you have the ScreenShot Captor we know and love now.  This way, the program can appeal to both camps.  Oh, and remember the discussion about emailing images easily?  Any thoughts on that lately? :)

dk70:
People like Launchy because of how it looks! And the simplicity. Ive only tried it shortly but also only took 1 second to see why it score points. Same with for example Allsnap, very nice but does not take anything away from Screenshot Captor. Different audiences, why should freeware world be limited to a certain range of preferences? Most advanced is not the best for everyone - which makes Tekzel suggestion a good one  8) You can say the same for many programs. All should have a clickclick "I dont have have much time and really cant be bothered to think for myself" option. May be not easy to implement unless planned from scratch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version