ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

CustomBar

<< < (4/9) > >>

Curt:
Without installing any other software you can create an auto-hidining launch bar in Windows XP. 
-thefritz_j (December 15, 2006, 12:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks a lot for telling this about XP. I didn't know!

With this said, I will have to apply that I hope to buy XP some day...
- I am running Win2K... ;)

thefritz_j:
Well, I say XP, because that's what I use, but the steps are easy enough to try, you might want to see if 2K will do it  ;) 

Curt:
I have an auto-hiding toolbar with the "Desktop" in it (with my desktop icons hidden) and it is invalulable to me because I don't have to minimize anything to open an app.-thefritz_j (December 15, 2006, 12:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Are you saying that I can place hidden shortcuts to every program / website / documnent on the desktop, and they will still show up in this new toolbar?

thefritz_j:
Sorry to confuse with the "hidden" comment.  I forgot to say that I hide my the icons on my desktop so i can enjoy my wallpaper! :D

If the toolbar you add is the "Desktop" then icons for -every item- will show up in the toolbar.  It's like having an auto-hide copy of your desktop!  It is so useful!  especially considering it's already built in to Windows!  :Thmbsup:

Basically the Toolbar feature lets you point to a folder (in this case I suggested the "Desktop Folder"), so you could have "My Documents" as an auto-hide tool bar too!

Would someone tell me if my steps worked? 8)

Curt:
I have an auto-hiding toolbar with the "Desktop" in it (with my desktop icons hidden) and it is invalulable to me because I don't have to minimize anything to open an app.-thefritz_j (December 15, 2006, 12:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Are you saying that I can place hidden shortcuts to every program / website / documnent on the desktop, and they will still show up in this new toolbar?
-Curt (December 15, 2006, 12:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, they do show up  :up:
- but "Hide automatcally" (in the new toolbar) is greyed out  :tellme:

-
(right now I was told per e-mail that you have answered my previous post, ... ?)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version