ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

CustomBar

(1/9) > >>

Curt:
I've found a new old program that I like a lot; CustomBar. A 18 pixels toolbar, placed down low (see pic) in full width.

"One little bar can control your music player, display system information, generate menus of shortcuts to your applications, provide quick access to online resources such as search engines, and much more."

However, some features are missing: There is no tooltip on mouseover - what program is behind the right most icon, at the picture? There is no context menu on right click - not at the toolbar and not at the icons. And it will only support WinAmp media player, not my RealPlayer or WMP. And there is no version 1.1 yet, even though it was 'pre-announced' in January. So maybe this little twenty dollar LizardSoft could-be-great-program will never be finished.

DO YOU KNOW of any program like this?

jgpaiva:
LINK!!  http://www.custombar.net/ :P
It looks pretty good.
Seems a bit outdated, it's not good that it isn't updated since january.
Nevertheless, i like the idea, it spares lots of screenspace! :D
Only having support for winamp is a bad idea, most people use wmp.
I've seen such minimalist launch bars in alternative shells (like bb4win and litestep), but those are part of the shell itself.
Never seen a stand-alone version. But maybe other members can be of some help! ;)

Darwin:
Well, what springs first to mind is TrueLaunchBar followed closely by mouser's own LaunchBar Commander, then ObjectDock/ ObjectBar/ YZDock and MobyDock/ RocketDock/etc...

lanux128:
and also check out the duo from the Netherlands - WinBar & StatBar..

jgpaiva:
and also check out the duo from the Netherlands - WinBar & StatBar..
-lanux128 (December 12, 2006, 07:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
Fantastic!!!
I'm now wondering... Is there any resource you don't know about, lanux? :P
Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version