topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 9:16 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Align Icons 2.0  (Read 10516 times)

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Align Icons 2.0
« on: December 12, 2006, 01:05 AM »
while trying answer cranioscopical's queries, i stumbled into this program - Align Icons by Softwarium. it looks like a decent desktop icon tool.

Align Icons is a Windows Context Menu addition that allows you to align icons in any way you want. This utility can be very useful for the purpose of disk mastering and for all those who love to keep order in their folders. To align icons in a folder, simply select icons you want to align. Put the mouse pointer on any icon in a group you have selected, right-click the mouse button and point to the "Align Icons by" context menu item. The Context sub-menu appears. Using the sub-menu you can choose the following types of the icons alignment: Left, Right, Top, Bottom. All selected icons will be aligned accordingly as soon as you choose a type of the icons alignment.

align-icon.png

mbrazil

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Align Icons 2.0
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 03:32 PM »
Everyplace I find a link to download Align Icons 2.0, it takes me to a site for Quick Popup, and I can't find anything there regarding Align Icons. What's up?

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 03:59 PM »
It is hard to find isn't it? No longer supported, I guess.  I think I have a copy here somewhere.  Can look for it and email if you like (PM me if so).

I find that AI conflicts with some other shell extensions, so I tend to enable it if I want to arrange something and then disable it again afterwards.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 10:50 PM »
like cranioscopical, i might have a copy ferreted away somewhere. however if you want to organize your icons on the desktop you can try Stardock Fences, currently freeware and i hear that it's quite good.

PhilB66

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 11:14 PM »
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 01:36 AM by PhilB66 »

jacquesrober

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 08:54 AM »
You might try: Icon Restore
It works as follows: position your desktop icons, right click on any icon left click: "save desktop icon layout" and presto , anytime you need to restore the layout just right click any icon and left click "restore desktop icon layout".
Very handy and easy!
Jacques.
JR

AndyM

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 09:21 AM »
I like Desktop Icon Toy -   http://www.idesksoft.com/

I don't use the dancing icon stuff, just tiny icons exactly where I want them and they can't be moved accidentally