ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

What non-programming tools do you use for programming?

<< < (4/5) > >>

mouser:
for visualizing ideas i really do most often use paper - keep a notebook or two just for sketching ideas.
but a flowchart/diagramming tool can be really nice too.

jgpaiva:
Paper, definitelly.
I keep a huge pile of used paper got from old schoolwork, bad prints and such. I always use this paper to draw my ideas, mostly to keep me from forgetting stuff, which still happens quite frequently :(
I'd love to have a white board, but it has two problems: lack of portability (i often spend the weekend at my parents') and it takes too much space (if i want to have a decent one, i can't fit it in any wall :( )

app103:
M&M's.
-mouser (December 12, 2006, 03:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Peanut or Plain?
-Veign (December 12, 2006, 04:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

you forgot about peanut butter, mint, and crispy

mint are my fav  :-*

peanut butter comes in 2nd.

app103:
I'd love to have a white board, but it has two problems: lack of portability (i often spend the weekend at my parents') and it takes too much space (if i want to have a decent one, i can't fit it in any wall :( )
-jgpaiva (December 13, 2006, 04:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Tightwadder's whiteboard:  white posterboard covered with clear packaging tape

This can be folded and taken with you.   :D

You can use the standard dry erase markers, or even better is high quality Crayola crayons (just buff off with a dry paper towel or cloth).

The crayon is less likely to smear, they don't dry out, and you can get a whole lot more colors for the same price as a good set of markers.

Now...if you find yourself drawing the same type of diagram over & over the same way, consider taking a black Sharpie and drawing a template for yourself on the posterboard before you cover it with the clear tape.

When my daughter was younger, I did one with a map of the US on it for her to use as a study tool.

Ruffnekk:
Besides the VS IDE I use a hex editor, VIM, Google, the MSDN library and pen & paper. Required accessoires on my desk are Twinkies®, coffee, an ashtray and a bunch of cigarettes  :Thmbsup: That's about all I need to code away :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version