topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 7:36 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Fusemail - The email service that goes above and beyond  (Read 9304 times)

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Fusemail - The email service that goes above and beyond
« on: January 27, 2008, 06:03 PM »
This post contains a review of the services offered by Fusemail

I have been trialling fusemail.com and their email hosting services for the past few weeks. I have to say that I am very impressed with the service and features offered by this provider. They are far from the cheapest email provider, the minimum charge is 120 a year due to the fact that they TYPICALLY cater to businesses, but their service given by the company shows that you "Get what you pay for". I started out with an immediate issue of syncing my IMAP accounts with their built-in IMAP sync tool. It seemed to work, however, it missed some key folders and left others as unreadable. This issue was resolved by a support ticket being opened up. They had the issue resolved and I was on my way.

About a week later I ran into another issue involving folder names containing the "&" sign. Their IMAP implementation did not like the use of this character in folder names and ended up making two of my rather important folders inaccessible. It also caused several of the sub-folders to be moved to a ghost copy of the folder. This issue was again resolved with a new support ticket being opened. The typical response time for me was less than 2 hours from ticket opening to ticket closure. This is an outstanding response time in any industry.

The account management and email controls given by their service are second to none. I tried various other email hosting companies to include tuffmail, fastmail.fm and runbox. None of these offered the ease of configuration or the options availability that fusemail did. A simple look at their account management panel shows the strength and power that is given to the client upon account creation. Their sales staff, Larry shaw is who I dealt with, is always available when you are evaluating your account to help you with any pre-purchase questions and is always willing to provide a callback when requested.

As I said above, the service charges based on the number of mailboxes required (99cents a month per mailbox) and the amount of extra space required (.99cents US per extra gigabyte). The minimum charge is 10 dollars monthly charged at either a quarterly or annual billing option. While this isn't as cheap for the person looking for cheap email hosting for their personal email accounts, it definitely provides me with the flexibility I desire for my service. I am a home user, but I have come to love being able to take full advantage of any service I sign up for. Hence, I demand that I be given full control over any aspect of any program, service, or endeavor I embark upon. Fusemail has provided me this. And despite the extra money I have to spend, I feel it is by far the best money I could ever spend on an email hosting company.

So, if you are in the market for an email provider that offers you the greatest of flexibility with an unparalleled support response time, give fusemail a try. You will be glad you did. I know I am.

housetier

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Fusemail - The email service that goes above and beyond
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 07:40 PM »
I was with fusemail quite some ago, when they had just started off and were offering there services for free. From the beginning they made it clear they would eventually charge for their services; I left when they finally did.

However, back then I was amazed at their professionalism and their quick and accurate responses to questions (tickets). They seemed sincere about their customers' happiness.

If I could afford it, I think it would still be with them.