Home | Blog | Software | Reviews and Features | Forum | Help | Donate | About us
topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • August 31, 2015, 08:53:56 PM
  • Proudly celebrating 10 years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: ContextMenu Commander  (Read 66340 times)

BGM

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: ContextMenu Commander
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2012, 08:50:35 AM »
Ha!  FileMenuTools does most of the things named here.
I say that if you REALLY wanted to call a program "ContextMenuCommander" that you would be able to create subgroups of *existing* context menu items inserted by other applications.  There is an application that does this called, "Mmmm" - no joke, that's its name, but it lets you edit anything in the context menu.  It has a free version and a full version.
-BGM

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • gravatar avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2012, 06:02:53 PM »
... called, "Mmmm" - no joke, that's its name,

-no, it isn't, the name is MMM. And we all loved Hace MMM+, until Vista came along...
But that was many years ago. Are you running XP, BGM?
Besides, you may have skipped the previous page:

I basically stopped working on Context Menu Commander when I came across FileMenu Tools, which seems like mostly the same idea and is freeware/donationware.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 06:09:53 PM by Curt »

BGM

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2012, 07:32:28 PM »
Ah!  You are right, it is Mmm (I actually purchased the license to Mmm+ back then for my XP), I stand quite corrected.  No, I am running Windows 7 now, and do have FileMenuTools (and now I see that quote from Mouser - no, I didn't all of the thread; guess I should have!).  But what can take the place of Mmm?  ContexMenuCommander is a good name.
-BGM

bobgott

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2014, 03:59:57 PM »
I have been using Right Click Enhancer (http://rbsoft.org/).  Has not blown off my socks and a good enhancer has to be tightly weaved together with managing file extensions.

BGM

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2014, 04:25:04 PM »
I have been using FileMenuTools.  It is free and quite versatile.  I wish it could manage ALL the items in the context menu like Mmmm  however.  It will let you remove them, but you can't regroup them like you could in Mmmm.
-BGM