ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Best Free and Pay FTP Client

<< < (5/7) > >>

Innuendo:
I nearly always use Total Commander these days, but when I used a stand-alone FTP program it was AceFTP Pro. It's the only FTP program I have found that allows you to move files in one operation rather than copying them & then having to delete them as a separate operation.

CodeTRUCKER:
I am somewhat unfamiliar with this territory.  Odd, but I have never tried any of the FTP clients listed here and the one I use is CoffeeCup Direct FTP and was not mentioned here.  The main reason I liked it was it allows me to edit my HTML on the server without having to dn/ld -> edit -> up/ld.  Is this a common feature among FTP clients?

By the way, there is a $9 Sale going on right now.  One thing I like is a "Live Chat," but I haven't done too much research on alternatives.

Tuxman:
BTW, the Cyberduck folks have released a first beta version for Windows:
http://cyberduck.ch/

I applied as a tester (via mail) and noticed that the current beta 2 won't start when you don't use Aero ... good start.  ;D

Seriously, looks like a really good alternative, including FileZilla import.
Waiting for beta 3 which includes the fix for the error reported by me ...

:-*

lanux128:
The main reason I liked it was it allows me to edit my HTML on the server without having to dn/ld -> edit -> up/ld.  Is this a common feature among FTP clients?
-CodeTRUCKER (December 15, 2009, 08:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

not sure about other but FileZilla can do this and so does PSPad (a text editor with built-in ftp features). i think all these 'direct edits' involve some downloading to a temp folder on the hard-disk and re-uploaded after an edit without the users' intervention..

Tuxman:
i think all these 'direct edits' involve some downloading to a temp folder on the hard-disk and re-uploaded after an edit without the users' intervention..
-lanux128 (October 02, 2010, 09:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
Confirmed for Vim. :)

(Does that already count as an "FTP Client"?)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version