topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 2:06 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: REQUEST: Drag & nDrop Zone queue for copying files/folders  (Read 4852 times)

schwiiing

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
REQUEST: Drag & nDrop Zone queue for copying files/folders
« on: September 18, 2010, 06:35 AM »
You know you ve been there!

You have a friend over and he brought his protable hardrive etc and theres a ton of stuff he wants but is spread out all over your ssytem on diffrent harddrives, both local and on your LAN etc and you have to sit and copy folder or file by folder or file from all the different places manually.

Instead, how about being able to drag n drop something you want to copy to a little window hovering next to explorer and then, when you ve dragged n dropped everything you wish to copy over to a specific location you just press a button and the copying process starts and you and your friend can go have a cup of coffee instead of hovering in front of the computer waiting for stuff to finish copying so you can begin copying something else from another folder/drive.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: REQUEST: Drag & nDrop Zone queue for copying files/folders
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 08:13 AM »
Maybe my File Bucket application will fit the bill?

Thread: https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=20387.0

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 10:44 AM »
this is an extremely good idea and commonly needed; in addition to skwire's app there are a few third party tools to ease copying of large numbers of files (teracopy, supercopier); see this thread for long discussion.

i do like schwiiing's description of the "workflow" -- skwire one problem with yours is that it doesn't support drag and drop, which i find essential for this.  i'm a huge fan of supporting drag+drop in these cases and almost never use the build in explorer tree inside such programs, because i almost always have my own explorer window already open at the location i care about.

joiwind

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • carpe momentum
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 10:59 AM »
schwiiing - maybe DropIt is nearly what you're looking for - I love it !

There is also StoragePoint which is very good too...!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 11:21 AM by joiwind »

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 12:06 PM »
May I suggest the following application: Magellan explorer (link to the feature page, see section Background operations).

It is not cheap with a price of 39.95 USD, but it fits your bill perfectly. Actually, it is capable to put multiple file operations in multiple locations in a queue! A 30-day trial is available.

No affiliation, just a happy paying customer. This piece of software was the first one I bought through the internet, just because of this feature (and you want it you can pry it from my cold dead hands!)