ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Teaser screenshot

<< < (4/4)

mouser:
the count column will tell you how many "clips" or notes are in that category.

i am going to try hard to add a pure-tree mode; maybe i should just say that i will do it, and do whatever it takes to do it.

most notes programs work either as a pure tree, or as shown above, with a group tree and then you click on the group to see its notes in a separate panel.

the pure tree mode is simpler to view and navigate and you don't have to move your eyes between two panels.

but for power use it display so much less information, and makes it impossible to do some very nice stuff like sorting, filtering, grouping by columns, etc.  ive hidden most of the columns on the grid so it might seem pointless as first, but really there is much more informaiton you might want to show, like creation time, last view time, application name, etc.  so having a grid view can really be useful sometimes.

different people prefer different views; and one might want to switch between them depending on what one wants to do.

i am going to try to implement both and make it easy to switch - that should give us the best of both worlds.

Carol Haynes:
i am going to try to implement both and make it easy to switch - that should give us the best of both worlds.
-mouser (August 02, 2005, 06:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds like a good idea - though you do like making things harder for yourself ;)

mouser:
i hope to have a new beta available on monday.
latest screenshots:

kfitting:
A few comments from the screenshots:

- Wow.  Lots of functionality here!  I hadnt even thought about automatic filing/purging.  Excellent!
- What is the "Windows Spell Object?"  (First options screenshot)
- Clipnaming: you have %windowtitle% in the textbox, should this be on the info label as well?  What are the options as far as bringing up a window to manually name the clip on a copy command (in the case of something you definitely want to keep track of? (ie, clipname, groupname, etc))
- Spelling error: on the backup/maintenance tab, BackUp Detials should be BackUp Details!
- Will there be a hotkey to bring a "quick paste menu" a la clipomatic?
- GUI looks nice.  I must say, it looks a whole lot cleaner than before.  I still think a few views would be helpful for newbies, but the screenshot you show is definitely more usable.

That's all for now.  Very impressive.  I will be waiting for it on Monday!  Incidentally, at work they have decided to get a little more rigorous about installing programs on machines.  Any way you could make this not-need-to-be-installable?  If not, dont sweat it... just asking.

Kevin

mouser:
automatic filing/purging: you will also be able to tell it that certain apps should not be monitored, or to send clips from certain apps to specific groups on capture.

windows spell object: i intend to implement the same functionality found in as-u-type: http://www.asutype.com/
which can add spelling highlighting to standard web forms, etc.

clipnaming, yes i noticed that too. adding %windowtitle% and %applicationname%

will add hotkeys for both a quick-paste, and a quick-add-note (as we discussed earlier).

multiple views will be available, from super minimal to full complexity.  i think this is going to be really important and look forward to having further discussions about gui layout options.

regarding installer: i will try to use a zip-compatible install with this tool, especially since it will be getting frequent updates.  this will allow users to download an exe and either just run it to install it, or unpack the zip-compatible exe manually to copy over without needing any install.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version