topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:30 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Want to be a name-dropping, annoying, self-absorbed, blogger? Scoble Tells How  (Read 7846 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Robert Scoble has a very popular blog, and today he posts some tips for others on how to increase your traffic if you have a blog.
Most of the advice he gives is fairly common knowledge, but here are some more tips if you want to blog like Robert Scoble:

Write constantly about all the big names you know and meet - take pictures of yourself with them.  Drop famous names as often and frequently as possible.  Remember, the more stars you meet - the more important you are and the more people need to read you to get some of your star dust.

Find a sponsor who is willing to pay to have you mention them 10 times in each post, at every possible occasion, regardless of the context, even if it's just to make a statement like "Oh by the way my wonderful sponsor X is great because they don't make me mention them."

Most of the time you should focus on talking about yourself and the big shots you know.  But sprinkle these posts with discussions reflecting on how cool it is that you spend most of your time takling about yourself and the big shots you know.

By all means read Robert's advice and the advice of others about how to increase traffic - but do me a favor and if you become an "egotistical A-hole", maybe you could avoid reveling in it and talking about it so much - leave that to the pros..

« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 11:49 PM by mouser »

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have to say I enjoyed reading your post a whole lot more than Scoble's.