ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Context menu organiser

(1/2) > >>

justice:
I was wondering if a thing like a Context Menu organiser exists. Can't find any with google. It's not been discussed on here before (according to my search), but for me it is becoming a nuisance. When I right click a folder I have so many options:

IDEA: Context menu organiser

I am looking for a small app that would allow me to delete context menu entries and move them into 'subfolders'. Nothing more. Does software like this exist and perhaps it can be made into a coding snack?

tomos:
i think mouser is/was working on a context organiser
lets see

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=648.0

if we're very lucky he might bring it out for the new year NANY challenge  :D

justice:
Ah it seems he's doing the creation of items as well. Powar Toolz!  :D

The topic is quite a good source of apps though as it lists a lot of them, one of them might suit my needs.

lanux128:
yeah, ContextMenu Commander is still in idea phase, it seems..

but for your needs, try Hace Software's Mmm...

* Mmm FREE is completely FREE!
    * Lets you modify almost all explorer context-menus!
    * Works when right-clicking any file/object!
    * Lets you hide items you don't use!
    * Lets you move rarely used items out on a sub-menu!
    * Works on the desktop!
    * Works in the start-menu!
    * Works on the folder background!
    * Very easy to configure - just drag & drop
    * No nag-screens that interrupt you!
    * No Adware!
    * No Spyware!
    * No support!
    * ;) Did I mention it is FREE ?
-the website
--- End quote ---

Darwin:
Here's what mouser had to say about his vision for Context Menu Commander:

To clarify something:

while it would be nice to also add the ability to customize OTHER context menu extensions, such tools do exist (see spj'd post for a great list), the main job of ContextMenu Commander is to let you CREATE NEW Custom context menu extensions, and provide a single customization point for a bunch of plugin context menus.

That is, ContextMenu commander will not be for cleaning up your existing menus.
--- End quote ---

The link to the ContextMenu Commander thread from an earlier post in this thread) takes you to a good source of context menu apps to try out. I like MMM+ a lot (have it running all the time) and PC Mags' ContextEdit is a must have... PC Mag also does Context Menu Plus, which is a quite different application but might be of interest as well. I actually find ContextEdit to be easier to use - it's more intuitive to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version