topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 6:01 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Prevx1  (Read 5525 times)

Notok

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Prevx1
« on: December 06, 2006, 06:10 PM »
Hi,

I work for Prevx, makers of Prevx1. This is a security application that I used (and loved) long before I started working for them, so it goes without saying that I am an enthusiastic supporter as much as I am an employee.

Prevx1 is an anti-malware (anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc.) with a new approach. It's a behavioral anti-malware application that automates the process of discovering and analyzing new malware, and reports it to the central server. When file signatures are compared against the database, this is also done online so you don't have to download updates - you're always up to date, up to the minute. Technical information on how program files (and just program files) are also reported to the central server where heuristic analysis is performed, as well as reviewed by the malware analysts. Prevx1 doesn't detect just bad files, but also good files to make sure that known good files aren't interfered with. This also leaves files that haven't been seen before as "unknown", which tells you that the file might possibly be new malware that hasn't been seen before. It has some behavior blocking so you can block a new file from running if you don't know what it is.

Since everything is centralized, the analysts can see things as they happen in real-time and make changes that the entire "community" has instant access to. In short, this means that everyone running Prevx1 can be protected against new malware within minutes of when it's first released, if the heuristics don't stop it automatically. The heuristics are actually the biggest feature, adding more signatures in a day than other vendors add in a week, which just keeps growing. Ultimately Prevx1 works on the "Community" principal. The more people that use it, the wider the "net" is to catch new malware, which means more people can be protected faster.

It's made as an all-in-one program that can work with the Windows Firewall to protect your system without any further software, but is also made to work along-side other security software if you want as well. Whether you use it on it's own or to fortify existing defenses is entirely up to you.

You can find Prevx1 at http://www.prevx.com/ . Detection is always free, protection and cleanup is on a 30 day trial that doesn't start until Prevx1 actually detects malware.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 02:23 AM by Notok »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Prevx1
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 06:31 PM »
You can find Prevx1 at http://www.prevx.com/ . Detection is always free, protection and cleanup is on a 30 day trial that doesn't start until Prevx1 actually detects malware (if a false positive starts the trial prematurely then just write to support and we can fix the false positive and reset the trial).

Nice approach, seems very reasonable  :Thmbsup:

Notok

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Prevx1
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 12:07 AM »
Thanks :) Support is always there if anyone has any questions or feedback. I'll be around the forum as well.