topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:05 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Discretely notify when a process starts  (Read 5478 times)

msearcy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
IDEA: Discretely notify when a process starts
« on: December 06, 2006, 09:48 AM »
I need a program similar to epmon
<
http://www.wapti.com/epmon/
>
The nice thing about that program is you can right click to choose a single process to get notified about.  The problem is that it's tray icon shows numbers to diplay the CPU cycles its using. 

I want to know when my computer is being monitored by a specific monitoring program and I don't want whoever is watching to know, that I know, that I'm being watched.
Ideally it would use a very inconspicuous icon in the tray (speaker, mouse, power management maybe even a menu of icons to choose from so we'd never get caught) and when the single process that is using any CPU cycles appears/begins, it would notify me by showing another icon that would be inconspicuous (my thought was the outlook express "envelope" icon)
I am a big fan of donation coder and plan to contribute nicely once I get some money :)
Thanks

mitzevo

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Control is power
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Discretely notify when a process starts
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 12:35 PM »
how will you know that they dont know that you know that you know what "their" doing in which comes this question. he who knows knows more than those that dont know what knowing is.. true/false no?

also how will they know that knowing is not really knowing at all but rather speculating on the fact of knowing things..

:(
The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

msearcy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 01:11 PM »
to your first question:
I will know that that they don't know that I know that I know what "their" doing because I will be one step ahead of them. ( I'm working on a product to tell me when they know that I know, then keep them from knowing I know. ya know!)

and to your second question:
true yes?

and to your post script: all knowledge is based on definable repeatable constants which at some point are defined only by themselves, if we find out one day these fundamentals are off we will cease to know anything. All proof will be void and we will all just speculate to know anything/everything.  So there!!

mitzevo

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Control is power
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 01:23 PM »
 ;D Well hopefully you find a solution..
The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 01:31 PM by mitzevo »