ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

software i love

<< < (2/11) > >>

zridling:
I depend a number of different apps daily, but the one I can't live without is DirSync. It works better than any other synching app I've come across.

Sentinel:
If there were a single piece of software I couldn't live without, it would have to be 4NT from http://www.jpsoft.com

It is an excellent cmd.exe console replacement for Windows with more features than you can shake a stick at.  Great for UNIX bash/tcsh addicts, batch programmers and anyone with an aversion to these weird clicky gui things, like me.

There is a lot of other stuff I also use on a daily basis, but I'll save that for another time.  ;)

rockin4459:
I depend a number of different apps daily, but the one I can't live without is DirSync. It works better than any other synching app I've come across.
-zridling (April 23, 2005, 11:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

I use a similar program from the guys at 2brightsparks called syncback. http://2britesparks.com I hope you like it.

Scott:
There is no single bit of software I "couldn't live without".  I've even made a point, recently, to remove software that I didn't really need; even if I liked having it around.  But the top of my list consists of just a few applications:

Backup and restore reliability that won't nickle-and-dime you to death:
Image for DOS/Windows

Registry backup and restore (helps easily recover from shitware experiences):
ERUNT

The best HTTP-filtering application I've ever found, by far (uses Windows hooks for all-encompassing compatibility):
Ad Muncher

Firefox + 1,000 extensions - hours of your time =
Opera

The name says it all (well, almost; nothing is perfect)
Total Uninstall

mouser:
i sounds like it might be useful to have a review on these dir sync apps, to the extent that they have a different function than beyond compare.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version