ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

What changes would you like to see on DonationCoder.com in 2007?

<< < (7/10) > >>

rjbull:
snag due to my lack of experience using regex.
-Farmsteader (January 22, 2007, 04:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Basic tutorial on Regular Expressions here

I'm pretty sure there's an O'Reilly book on just that topic.  Otherwise, the Aho, Kernighan and Weinberger book "The AWK Programming Language" has a good section on regular expressions.

CodeTRUCKER:
Do you know if the Proxomitron ingests A,W & K?

rjbull:
Do you know if the Proxomitron ingests A,W & K?
-Farmsteader (January 22, 2007, 05:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry, can't help you further.  I've never used Proxomitron.

I've found it irritatating that regexps are entered rather differently on the command line than they are in an AWK script, wrapped up in colons instead of forward-slashes, or whatever.  That's probably a hangover from conversion from Unix, with differences in the way the shell handles awkward characters.  As an aside, WebSite-Watcher has a nice wizard that takes much of the donkeywork out of assembling regexps.

CodeTRUCKER:
Worth looking into and thanks for the regex link.

Clive:
I've just been going backwards through the Best of Blog and am wondering if it would be possible to have page links e.g. 1, 2, 3, 4 etc rather than "read older"? There's lots of stuff back there that I'd like to catch up on, but it's a bit tedious always having to start at the newest (on each visit, not session)and work slowly back.

Thanks,
Clive

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version