ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

What changes would you like to see on DonationCoder.com in 2007?

<< < (2/10) > >>

Deozaan:
Might be nice to see the return of the podcasts too.
-app103 (December 04, 2006, 06:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah what happened to the podcasts? I don't care if they're short because not many members are participating, and I loved being able to submit my own content--I just had a period of time when I moved and didn't have internet access for a few months so I could no longer submit anything.

Programming School is neat, too, but schools typically teach you how to do something and then give you an assignment. I'd like to see some tutorials or links to tutorials that will teach the concepts. For someone who has never programmed before, getting used to the "grammar" and syntax of code can be a bit tough just going from the help files, which are usually meant for reference.

EDIT: I'd also like an option on the forum to ignore a post so that it never shows up under my Unread Messages. Some topics just don't interest me and I'd like to not have to click on them or mark them as read every time someone posts just to clear my Unread Posts screen.

Josh:
I would like to see more forums that allow discussion that isnt centralized around the coder. Yes, this is donationCODER, but, as pointed out above, there is such a vast amount of knowledge here that its a shamre that we are limited to the living room to discuss various topics. Such things could include hardware, gaming, software, etc. This could all be under one specific forum with subforums underneath.

Veign:
To remedy the situation with non-coding / software topics maybe a new domain could be opened for Hardware.  This way DonationCoder stays pure to its intent and purpose.  Staying pure may give more credibility to DonationCoder and therefore attract more authors / developers who are willing to donate which in turn brings in more users.

Just a thought, what ever thats worth...

CodeTRUCKER:
I would like to see some form of "Kudos" we can click on in every post, both positive and negative.  They are completely anonymous and can only be entered once for each member.  Democracy in it's purest form.

CodeTRUCKER:
Oops, I forgot...  There might even be some form of tangible reward, via "Cody Credits" or something like that.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version