ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

What changes would you like to see on DonationCoder.com in 2007?

<< < (6/10) > >>

tinjaw:
I'd like to see an SMF mod that provide me with an option in my profile to block every posting made by gri and every posting that is a reply to a posting by gri.

*** This is not a joke or a troll ***

I am seriously losing my patience with all of this and I am already visiting DC's forums less often and am starting to think about implementing some filters and not reading the random posts that often unveiled some interesting gem I wouldn't have seen otherwise. This would also mean visiting the forums indirectly via web watcher or some equivalent instead of directly, as I do now.

SO, if there exists a MOD for SMF that allows members to block all posting of chosen member(s), please install it on DC.com.

* update * I will make a donation to anybody who can find such a mod and provide the info to mouser to install it.

CodeTRUCKER:
The Proxomitron is very effective for this *if* you know how to use it well.

Wordzilla:
I'd like to see an SMF mod that provide me with an option in my profile to block every posting made by gri and every posting that is a reply to a posting by gri.

*** This is not a joke or a troll ***

I am seriously losing my patience with all of this and I am already visiting DC's forums less often and am starting to think about implementing some filters and not reading the random posts that often unveiled some interesting gem I wouldn't have seen otherwise. This would also mean visiting the forums indirectly via web watcher or some equivalent instead of directly, as I do now.

SO, if there exists a MOD for SMF that allows members to block all posting of chosen member(s), please install it on DC.com.

* update * I will make a donation to anybody who can find such a mod and provide the info to mouser to install it.
-tinjaw (January 21, 2007, 05:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

I cannot agree with you more, Tinjaw. I also find myself in desperate need of such a mod for filtering out every post made by gri and esp. any post that contains link to his so-called "forum". I'm reluctant to ignore the whole forum section (SMF Forum Mods) here but I'm finding gri's posts getting increasingly (and sometimes extremely) disturbing and annoying, so what can I do?  :(

(And as one of the Global Moderators here, I really don't think it's appropriate for me to ignore any forum section as a whole.)

To Farmsteader, Tinjaw, and Mouser:

Since I'm not at all familar with such mods and tools, I really would like to thank you all for your efforts! :Thmbsup:

- anderson

mouser:
I will add the ignore mod this week if at all possible.
There is another possibility - perhaps I can modifiy the ignore mod so that all it does is mark all posts by that person as automatically READ.  How would that be?  Then you wouldn't notice them unless you really went looking.

CodeTRUCKER:
I tried to just do this locally, but I have a snag due to my lack of experience using regex.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version