ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: Keep a given windows to front

(1/3) > >>

MerleOne:
Hi,

I was wondering whether there already exists a utility that can make it so that a given windows can be kept on front as long as necessary, even if other windows below are selected.

Thanks.

rjbull:
I was wondering whether there already exists a utility that can make it so that a given windows can be kept on front as long as necessary, even if other windows below are selected.
-MerleOne (December 04, 2006, 08:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Don't know if these would help - they're from TinyApps miscellaneous page, which contains the URLs;

PushPin 1.0  [22k] Keep any window on top of all other windows. 

Nail It! v1.10 [25k] Make windows"sticky" so that they remain above other windows.

ShideWin [3.5k]  Enumerates all top-level windows and allows you to show or hide them. Especially helpful for finding windows that were made invisible after a crash.

Handler [7k]  Window information tool

WinRoll 1.4 [7k]  Rollup windows to their title bar like Mac OS's WindowShade.

Showin 2.0 [9k]  Enable windows that have been disabled, unhide hidden windows and force windows to stay on top or be placed below others. Perhaps one of the most popular uses of this program is to display hidden password editbox fields (text behind the asterisks *****).

ResizeEnable [37k]  Turn non-resizeable windows into resizeable windows

PowerMenu 1.5.1 [49k]  Adds "Always On Top", "Minimize To Tray", "Priority" and "Transparency" (W2K/XP only) sub menus to all top level system menus.

--- End quote ---

PowerPro, the mighty yet free macro program/Windows controler/enhancer also contains a command to keep windows on top (If I'm reading it right).

jgpaiva:
[publicity]
Don't forget gridmove, which helps a lot while moving/resizing/organizing windows and also can make windows be on top! ;)
[/publicity] ;)

MerleOne:
Thanks for all these answers.  I'll definitely try them out.

mouser:
I like TurboTop (freeware):

http://www.savardsoftware.com/downloads.asp

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version