topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 2:33 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: hotkey (like ctrl+w) execution at start up  (Read 4136 times)

mitzevo

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Control is power
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
IDEA: hotkey (like ctrl+w) execution at start up
« on: December 03, 2006, 01:42 PM »
yah what subject sez.. k thx.

hehe  ;D

i would like to run a hotkey at system start up.. reason is i have a program that locks the computer that uses a hotkey to execute but there is not option to have it lock at start up.. so thats why a tiny app like this can help me.

thanks  8)
The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

skrommel

• Fastest code in the west
  • Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • 1 Hour Software by skrommel
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: hotkey (like ctrl+w) execution at start up
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 02:09 PM »
 :) It looks like you need AutoHotkey. Go to www.autohotkey.com and download and install it.

Edit the following script to match your applications title, and save it to a file called Action.ahk, and place it in you Startup folder.

WinWait,title of you application spelled correctly
WinActivate,title of you application spelled correctly
WinWaitActive,title of you application spelled correctly
Send,^w

Skrommel

mitzevo

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Control is power
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 05:31 PM »
i have to get autohotkey?  ;)

can't you just compile an .exe or some thing?  :o

and do I need the first 3 lines of script? I think the program catches ^1 (ctrl+1 is what i need) no matter what window is focused/active.. :D
 :)

edit: ok i downloaded it and played around with it for 15 - 20mins, i got it to work after playing around.. all i needed to do is "send ^1"

thanks :) this ahk is quite nice, i have a deeper play another time.  :Thmbsup:

btw, i just mucked around and made my own windows key hooker.. so now i cant yell "stupid windows key" while playing a game like cs/aa/etc.! lol although i haven't really looked for a solution while i used to game.. cool.
The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 05:55 PM by mitzevo »

skrommel

• Fastest code in the west
  • Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • 1 Hour Software by skrommel
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 06:02 PM »
 :) Another soul saved! And you found the option to compile to an exe?

Skrommel

mitzevo

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Control is power
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 06:17 PM »
hehe yeah, made my morning actually, just a few minutes ago i added the compiled .exe to start up and I rebooted..

upon load, windows is locked :) only problem is, the intruder/user who wants to use my box can do stuff before the ahk .exe is loaded or they may terminate the pc locking app before the lock takes place.. although I doubt it cuz it's very sluggish and slow in the first 20 secs of start up :) plus its aimed at my work mates who are not good on computers.. hehe

i even tried as soon as i could click some thing to open some documents.. of course while the desktop is loading up i opened a .txt and .rar, and tried to go thru the start menu, it was sluggish, very sluggish as this is normal behavior when loading up, by the time the .rar opened (.txt opened few secs before) the ahk .exe loaded and boom:

send #d
send ^1

:) ;D
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 06:24 PM by mitzevo »