topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 3:32 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Enhanced File Dialog  (Read 34917 times)

Grorgy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Enhanced File Dialog
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2007, 03:47 PM »
Hehehe Darwin I've tried all those things, and all the ones you suggested in another thread a while ago, it just doesn't like me for whatever reason, Carol thinks i'm paranoid, she could be right, but it still doesnt work  ;D

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2007, 03:51 PM »
Oh well... much as I like Enhanced File Dialog, File-Ex and XFilesDialog are just as capable, if not as visually pleasing.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2007, 06:59 PM »
Just to clarify, I actually like Stardock's offerings a lot. WindowBlinds is amazing if you're into skinning - it really does use fewer resources than do Windows Themes. However, I am in a minimalist phase at the moment and begrudge anything that uses resources unnecessarily so I've uninstalled for the moment. I also find that I consistently tire of all themes/skins and return to Windows Classic. Call me a boring old coot, but I prefer it to any of the themes/skins that I've tried.

Grorgy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2007, 07:22 PM »
my preference is for the dark plain look, and then just change wallpaper if i get tired of it, and XP just wouldnt come to the party on that silver? blaahhhh  and i've never been able to stand classic for long.

Major trouble with it all is there are just sooooo many bad skins out there and to find one that works properly and lets you see all the text and so on is a bit of a challenge, best left to holiday times if you got nothing better to do.   

By the way i seem to have succeeded in getting the enhanced dialog working on my laptop, but not so far on my desk machine, will try it again next weekend.

Edit
Just remembered file ex caused word2003 to hang on me when i tried to insert a break soooo i dumped it to lol
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 07:30 PM by Grorgy »

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2007, 07:33 PM »
Edit
Just remembered file ex caused word2003 to hang on me when i tried to insert a break soooo i dumped it to lol

Groan... Thanks for the heads up. It's starting to look as though I should just live with Windows' default offerings (Gasp! The horror!). Anyway, just came back here to say that I'm glad you got Enhanced File Dialog to work on your notebook. I really miss it's ability to add a seemingly unlimited number of shortcuts to the Places Bar - something no other dialog extender that I've tried seems to be able to do...

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2007, 07:37 PM »
Phew! That's a relief. I seem to have dodged the "File-Ex freezing Word 2003 when inserting a break bullet...". For now. Gulp  :o