topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 9:09 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Feature removed from URLSnooper?  (Read 5363 times)

andradrr

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Feature removed from URLSnooper?
« on: December 02, 2006, 04:30 AM »
Hi!

Please, what happened with the buffering capture feature? It is extremely useful you be able to buffer (all) the captured packages and then parse one by one in order to understand the handshake between the browser and the server.

I hope this feature will be back in a newer version. I'ts sad I will still need to use and older version because I simply can't live without that  :-[

Thanks a lot!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Feature removed from URLSnooper?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 04:48 AM »
i just went and checked.. hehe i guess i did remove that feature; figured people would use something else if they really cared.. but actually now that we have advanced vs. simple modes, i don't mind putting it back in advanced mode :)

i have a new version i'm currently beta testing for vista compatibility, so it will be back soon when that next version is released.

andradrr

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Feature removed from URLSnooper?
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 11:05 AM »
Hello mouser!

First of all, tanks a lot for your reply!

I will be very glad if you could return the buffering feature in a newer version of URLSnooper. I don't know if people use this feature, but when you face some kind javascript URL stealting, the only way to make things work is parsin packet by packet  and see what is happening.

I know I can use some other tools to parse buffered packes, but URLSnooper is extremely easy to use, have a clean interface, and go right to the point to get the job done! In other words, it is the perfect tool!

Again, thanks a lot!  :Thmbsup: