ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

Option to set CPU usage trigger app-individually?

<< < (2/3) > >>

vamp07:
The program I intend to lower the trigger time on is iTunes. I use the new iTunes 4.9 and I subscribe to 8-9 podcasts. When iTunes once and hour checks for new episodes to download it for some reason for 1-2 sec per podcast takes up 100% CPU. When it has found a new  episode(or not) and started downloading it goes down to below 3% or so again..
-akaidiot (July 28, 2005, 03:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Does the fact that it's priority gets lowered cause any kind of problems to itunes?

mouser:
i've not yet found any program that behaves badly if its priority is lowered; if anyone knows any, let me know.

akaidiot:
Me neither.. And the same for iTunes. The only difference is that everything else dowsn't slow down.

Mouser: Have you given this a thought & porhaps a possible solution?

mouser:
yes; i think i will add the ability to specify for each special rule, a custom field, in addition to the normal ability to specify the custom priority.

in that field you will be able to specify some advanced configuration which will allow PT to support for lots of advanced use things if desired, including what you want, and things like performing special actions when an app is tamed or found running, or dies, etc.

akaidiot:
That's great to here, keep up the good work!

If I just might ask for another request.. It would be really nice with the possibility to set the ballon notification also app-individually?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version