ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

Option to set CPU usage trigger app-individually?

(1/3) > >>

akaidiot:
Hi,

I just found out about the site and I really like the idea. I just donated $10 but I forgot to mention that it was me.. And I have a different e-mail on paypal then I used to register here..

Anyway.. My question/request is this. I would like to be able to set the lowering priority trigger to the default on every app but one specific..

I'd like to set the high trigger time to much lower on a specific .exe. Is that possible or will it be?

Thanks!

mouser:
that's not currently possible but it's an interesting idea and wouldn't be too hard.
as with most stuff - the real trouble is not actually doing it but providing a nice user interface to let the user say that they want to do it.  ironic but i find that that's the hard part usually.

if you can, it might be helpful to hear some more specifics of the process and what you want to do and why, so we can figure out whether there is an alternate solution or something else that might be useful..

akaidiot:
The program I intend to lower the trigger time on is iTunes. I use the new iTunes 4.9 and I subscribe to 8-9 podcasts. When iTunes once and hour checks for new episodes to download it for some reason for 1-2 sec per podcast takes up 100% CPU. When it has found a new  episode(or not) and started downloading it goes down to below 3% or so again..

mouser:
ok i see, let me see if i can figure out a way to do this in the next version..
perhaps i can provide some advanced per-application options that might be a little tricky to explain but would be available for experts.

akaidiot:
Works for me! Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version