ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Feature Idea

(1/1)

tbahoang:
Dunno if anyone has brought this up but rather than have it all or none for incremental search, having an option to to set delay between last keystroke and start of autosearch would be pretty nifty =).

The idea would be to finish typing the your query before starting your search(without the hassle of hitting enter or watching it try search through a very broad search criteria)

Another (and unrelated) idea would be to have the option of setting a shortcut on search result to copy the file location to the clipboard after which you could perform another operation on the file(though the new modifier keys may alleviate the need for this somewhat.)

Just some ideas thanks for a great program.

bleak_xmas:

Hey Mouser,

I've been using FARR for some time now, and I've got two feature requests..

1)  Position of the window.   My display size changes regularly for a number of reasons, including
      (a) remote desktop from another machine with lower resolution
      (b) Moving from the dock at home to the dock at work with different screen attached, and
           different screen resolutions.
     (c) Resolution changes due to switching between multiple monitors and single monitor mode when
           external screens are plugged in.. (This is a laptop if you haven't already guessed).

I would like to see the FARR dialog box stick to the lower right corner.. always.. regardless of
     display resolution etc..., and it should always stay on the primary display...

2)  History..  Each app I find gets placed in the history, and some combination of history order and priority
     determines the order in the search window when searching again.

Can the history VALUE be increased by some arbitrary number (10?) for every invocation? Up to a maximum
     of course..

This stops the occasional app from jumping to the top of the history order, when in fact I may not intend to
     run it for another month....  while popular apps, those I run every day, or many times a day, stay at the top
     where they belong.

Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version