ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

[Request] Review my new site

(1/1)

sri:
Hi all,

I started a new site where I undertake installation of PHP/MySQL scripts for free. Please review for content and design (it's very minimal and that's the way I like it):

http://www.scriptinstall4free.com/

Thanks. :-[

tinjaw:
Good Luck!

Veign:
The only comments I have are about your Google Ads:
1) Asking people to click the links to support you in is violation of the TOS and may get you banned from Adsense (#5  Prohibited Uses)
2) The top row of ads looks like a menu and may be in violation of their TOS.  I have heard of users banned for this.

TOS:
https://www.google.com/adsense/localized-terms

Just pointing this out if you want to rely on the income.

Good luck with everything!

sri:
Thanks Veign,

1) I changed By visiting the Donate page and possibly visiting some of the links that you find useful over there
--- End quote ---
to
--- ---By visiting the Donate page
2) I'll check with Google to see if the top row ads are okay.

Veign:
Better to be safe than sorry especially if your site starts generating some real traffic and income from the ads.

Also, I think your idea has a lot of merit and could be developed into a community, lead by you, that assists users with installs of PHP scripts and open source projects.

Maybe create a system where someone can sign up (members), assign scripts they are profecient in installing and people viewing the site can do searches for individuals that could, say, install SMF forum.  Also, allow user to rate members this way the bad will be quickly weeded out.  You can even provide a first level of approval based on something submitted to verify a person.

You would only need a small group of individuals looking for increased exposure to make a very functional site.

Who knows, maybe DonationCoder would stand behind you (its all about networking and setting up relationships).

Anyway, enough rambling for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version