topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 7:33 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Online social site social enterprise enquiry. (collaboration and advice needed:)  (Read 4529 times)

foldedpaper

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hello Crazy donation coder people.

I am in the process of creating a social site (drupal/barnraiser?:) that will be run under a business model where by 100% of any gross profit is donated to a selection of charities / not for profit orgs. This site will ideally run side by side with a music/media download retail site that is run under the same buiness model (I have not found any open source software that allows downloads to be sold? Can you suggest any?).

I read the post about radom ideas on donationcoder and have contacted the people that were linked from the discussion.

Main needs;
1 programmer/s who are interested in collaborating
2 open source software advice (social site / music and video retail site / mobile phone social software?)
3 other advice that I have not thought about or info of projects you are working on which may be better or good to collaborate on:)

below is more info...

Would you be interested in working on producing a social enterprise that provides a great service to customers, raises funds for charity and (hopefully) creates a great way to promote your site (maybe you could consider implementing this structure to your business?)

I have experience working in social enterprise from helping to set up progreso.org.uk (Fairtrade coffee shop set up by Oxfam to 'unofficially' take on Starbucks...) and am very interested in working with you to make the project I have in mind achieve its full potential.

The software based company will donate a large percentage of the profits to a charity (or ideally set up an educational charitable organization that you can donate the percentage to).
Progreso is set up so 50% is owned by Oxfam and 25% is put into a special Oxfam fund.  This project will donate 100% of its gross profits to charity (keeping up to 30% of that to fund expansion). I really hope we can work together to enable artists to sell their work knowing that profit made by the distributor will go to good causes.

I have good links with many charities in the UK (Oxfam, Crisis...) and have access to a wide variety of UK based 'social leaders' who will be very
useful for seeding our product into the fashionable stream of society.

About me:
Completing a Graphic Design degree in 2003 and studying at the Minneapolis College of Art and Design taught me masses about promotion. Since then I helped set up Progreso and worked for UK governmental advertising departments at, Transport For London and The Department For Transport and now want to work with you.

I believe that together we can make this software dominate the market (and help change the world ever so slightly [said in a quaint English accent]).

I am passionate about using technology business to help finance educational technological developments that allow people greater access to literacy numeracy and citizenship.

Regards

Edward Whyman

[email protected]
www.whymandesign.com

This email and any attachments are confidential.
You may not use any information contained in this email or attachments without permission.

There are lots of work samples (illustrating my creative ability) at www.whymandesign.co.uk.

Play a game questioning reality and violence at http://www.whymandes...media/aaa/acomp.html

Watch an educational animation prototype at http://www.unknownci...lian.co.uk/anim.html

Play short games and listen to meditation assistant part 1 at
http://www.whymandes...media/anim/anim.html

Check out the unwanted item swap website that allows users to chose who they give items to (charity/school...) while raising advertising funds for charity. www.emptymyshed.org

Find a social enterprise mark at
www.traidmark.org

Regards

Edward

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Welcome to the site Edward - it sounds like a cool idea - maybe people could suggest other places that might be good to find collaborators as well  :up:

Please do let us know how it goes!

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Edward,

I am already spread too thin, but I would be happy to provide gratis consulting in any area I can for a good cause.

For selling digital downloads via open source, check out Zen Cart. It may meet your need out-of-the-box.

Please feel free to PM me or email me directly at [email protected].

Good Luck