ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Compressing files into multiple .zip archives with each .zip being independent

<< < (11/24) > >>

testgames:
Hi,

1. we are talking about around a few hundreds of sub-directories, which contain many small .dat files.
2. There are about 11 levels. every level contains around 4-5 levels so the hole tree is about 400,000 different directories (an encoded game). The hole tree is about 7 GB.
3. I don't really understand what do you mean by output mode, but I guess standard.

skwire:
1. we are talking about around a few hundreds of sub-directories, which contain many small .dat files.
2. There are about 11 levels. every level contains around 4-5 levels so the hole tree is about 400,000 different directories (an encoded game). The hole tree is about 7 GB.
-testgames (December 10, 2007, 04:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Since it's such a huge directory that you're working on, is there any particular reason you want to use SpInZip over any of the much more complete and capable compression apps out there (honest question...I'm not trying to be a smartass)?

3. I don't really understand what do you mean by output mode, but I guess standard.
-testgames (December 10, 2007, 04:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry, by output mode, I mean which of the three output modes that SpInZip offers were you attempting to use (and the settings you were attempting to use with that output mode)?  If the aforementioned 2GB zip limit is a problem, I can easily add support for .7z files.  However, you will need 7-zip (free @ http://www.7-zip.org) to unpack the resultant files.

testgames:
here is the story:
1. My customer has an old version of Winzip. He can not unzip files more than 2 GB size.
2. I am sending to this customers many games (hugh sized) which are more that 2 GB each.
3. what we did until now is to manually close zip files up to 2 GB and send them seperatly (so he can unzip them one by one). for example: a 7 GB game = 4 separate zip files.
4. He does not have tar or rar or any other unzip mechanizm nor he will not upgrade his winzip version to support more than 2 GB files.
5. I need the zip files to be stand alone - so I can open them by themsleves and not X.zip.001, X.zip.002 which comines together are a part of a bigger zip.
got it ?

testgames:
1. I used the 1st option for Output mode: "By Approzimate Zip File Size" = 2048 MB
2. I don't want to use the 7-zip to unpack the file (the customer will not install it at his network) so I need it to be open only by unzip.

skwire:
4. He does not have tar or rar or any other unzip mechanizm nor he will not upgrade his winzip version to support more than 2 GB files.
5. I need the zip files to be stand alone - so I can open them by themsleves and not X.zip.001, X.zip.002 which comines together are a part of a bigger zip.
-testgames (December 12, 2007, 09:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Since he won't upgrade, have you tried making a self-extracting spanned zip file that you could send him?

1. I used the 1st option for Output mode: "By Approzimate Zip File Size" = 2048 MB
2. I don't want to use the 7-zip to unpack the file (the customer will not install it at his network) so I need it to be open only by unzip.
-testgames (December 13, 2007, 06:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

The closest directory I have to yours would be my mail server folder.  It currently has 581,395 files in it comprising 12.1GB of space.  I'll try testing against it and see what happens.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version