ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Compressing files into multiple .zip archives with each .zip being independent

<< < (14/24) > >>

skwire:
Hi,
it is possible and if so what is the way to get the source code of the SpinZip ?
-backtomind (December 20, 2007, 06:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not interested in making the source available at this time.

skwire,

This app is awesome!  I do think the password/encryption option would be nice!

Hey, while we are adding awesome features, how about cleaning up the original file/s once they are zipped?

For example:  If I request each demo.log file to be zipped to demo.zip, once it is zipped - delete the original demo.log file!
-sm00ter (February 26, 2008, 08:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for your kind words and apologies for the late reply.  Are you still interested in these additional features?

skwire:
2. I am sending to this customers many games (hugh sized) which are more that 2 GB each.-testgames (December 12, 2007, 09:54 AM)
--- End quote ---
Is it just me, or does this sound just a slight bit fishy?
-f0dder (February 26, 2008, 09:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Or signing up just to ask for source code?
-J-Mac (February 27, 2008, 12:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed.  I'm all for FOSS but it seems that some folks feel entitled to it these days.

ampedm:
Hi,
it is possible and if so what is the way to get the source code of the SpinZip ?
-backtomind (December 20, 2007, 06:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not interested in making the source available at this time.

skwire,

This app is awesome!  I do think the password/encryption option would be nice!

Hey, while we are adding awesome features, how about cleaning up the original file/s once they are zipped?

For example:  If I request each demo.log file to be zipped to demo.zip, once it is zipped - delete the original demo.log file!
-sm00ter (February 26, 2008, 08:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for your kind words and apologies for the late reply.  Are you still interested in these additional features?
-skwire (March 10, 2008, 11:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

I found your program while looking for ones on google. I think the password feature is the only feature (besides comments... but thats IZARCCs fault :) ) that this program needs to be more unique than winrar.

I have tried the following to put files in separate archives:

Winrar - need to pay,
PeaZip - uses more than one instance - a dirty trick
TugZip - No other feature beside simple archiving.

So i am sure everyone including me would love to see the next release have password support & if you got time, maybe a file browser to pick and choose files (CTRL + click thing)  + other easy to implement features with the IZARCC tool...

- Eagerly waiting!!

skwire:
I found your program while looking for ones on google. I think the password feature is the only feature (besides comments... but thats IZARCCs fault :) ) that this program needs to be more unique than winrar.

Winrar - need to pay,

So i am sure everyone including me would love to see the next release have password support & if you got time, maybe a file browser to pick and choose files (CTRL + click thing)  + other easy to implement features with the IZARCC tool...

- Eagerly waiting!!
-ampedm (March 18, 2008, 09:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've already coded in password support but I'm hesitant to add file deletion support.  I'd really hate to screw that up, you know?  Though, on the other hand, if I delete to the recycle bin maybe it wouldn't be such a risk.  What are your thoughts on this?  The encryption idea will not be implemented since the IZarc command-line binary and the IZarc GUI version are the only things capable of opening those encrypted zips (I use the IZarc command-line binary as the backend for SpInZip). 

As for a file browser, I think that goes beyond the scope of this tool.  I've never intended for SpInZip to be anything close to a complete compression suite/app.  Like I mentioned before, SpInZip is nothing more than a fancy front-end for the IZarc command-line binary.  That being said, I do realise that Coding Snacks sometimes do take on a life of their own, hence, all the additional output options I've added to SpInZip.  I trust you can understand that.  =]

At any rate, here's v0.0.7.0 with the password support.  Please let me know how it works out for you.  Thanks.

http://www.autohotkey.net/~skwire/apps/spinzip/spinzip-setup-v0.0.7.0.exe

ampedm:

Winrar - need to pay,

- Eagerly waiting!!
-ampedm (March 18, 2008, 09:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've already coded in password support but I'm hesitant to add file deletion support.  I'd really hate to screw that up, you know?  Though, on the other hand, if I delete to the recycle bin maybe it wouldn't be such a risk.  What are your thoughts on this?  The encryption idea will not be implemented since the IZarc command-line binary and the IZarc GUI version are the only things capable of opening those encrypted zips (I use the IZarc command-line binary as the backend for SpInZip). 

As for a file browser, I think that goes beyond the scope of this tool.  I've never intended for SpInZip to be anything close to a complete compression suite/app.  Like I mentioned before, SpInZip is nothing more than a fancy front-end for the IZarc command-line binary.  That being said, I do realise that Coding Snacks sometimes do take on a life of their own, hence, all the additional output options I've added to SpInZip.  I trust you can understand that.  =]

At any rate, here's v0.0.7.0 with the password support.  Please let me know how it works out for you.  Thanks.

http://www.autohotkey.net/~skwire/apps/spinzip/spinzip-setup-v0.0.7.0.exe
-skwire (March 18, 2008, 10:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

i found an error:

when i try to zip @ level 9 filter *.chm a file named "textbook_of_international_health__2nd_ed_0195132041.chm"

or

"Electrodiagnosis in Diseases of Nerve and Muscle - Principles and Practice.chm"

extra files mysteriously appear in the archive:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version