ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Compressing files into multiple .zip archives with each .zip being independent

<< < (16/24) > >>

skwire:
Works amazing might i suggest new features now :)
-ampedm (March 19, 2008, 04:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the compliment.

- Making the priority of spinzip higher than izarcc and izarcc's lower so the spinzip window doesn't freeze.
--- End quote ---

Well, it's not really a matter of process priority.  Moreso, it's a matter of the main form waiting for the zipping process to finish.  I made some internal changes that should alleviate most (if not all) of this behaviour.

- Cancel button of process.
--- End quote ---

Added.  From the changelog:

--- ---19 Mar 2008 - v0.0.9.0

* Changed up the code to make the main form more responsive while
      creating zips.  Thanks, ampedm.

* The "Generate" button now turns into a "Cancel" button while zips
      are being created.  Also, all controls except this button are now
      disabled while zip creation is going on.  Thanks, ampedm.

New link for v0.0.9.0:  http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/spinzip/spinzip-setup-v0.0.9.0.exe

Please let me know how this version works out for you.  Thanks.

ampedm:
Works amazing might i suggest new features now :)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the compliment.

- Making the priority of spinzip higher than izarcc and izarcc's lower so the spinzip window doesn't freeze.
--- End quote ---

Well, it's not really a matter of process priority.  Moreso, it's a matter of the main form waiting for the zipping process to finish.  I made some internal changes that should alleviate most (if not all) of this behaviour.

- Cancel button of process.
--- End quote ---

Added.  From the changelog:

--- ---19 Mar 2008 - v0.0.9.0

* Changed up the code to make the main form more responsive while
      creating zips.  Thanks, ampedm.

* The "Generate" button now turns into a "Cancel" button while zips
      are being created.  Also, all controls except this button are now
      disabled while zip creation is going on.  Thanks, ampedm.

New link for v0.0.9.0:  http://www.autohotkey.net/~skwire/apps/spinzip/spinzip-setup-v0.0.9.0.exe

Please let me know how this version works out for you.  Thanks.
-skwire (March 19, 2008, 07:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nice Nice, it doesn't freeze anymore and i can cancel it. The file menu is also working so i can choose to exit.

Works pretty much perfectly, i don't know what else to add :D

Oh wait... how about minimizing to the system tray and removing the prog from the taskbar during generation of zip files? Bubbles would pop up saying "Compressing file [3/10] *SPACE* *NAME*" just throwing a thought out there...  8)

This might be a longshot but is it also possible to include a "comment file" ie txt etc... from a specific folder in EACH archive the program zips? I am saying its a longshot because that might not be supported by izarcc's command line.
I.e take "comment.txt" from C:/ while going through files in C:/myfiles and include it in every archive...

convert:
hi, just a question but is it possible to zip subfolders within a folder instead of files into separate zip files?
eg
d:\folder\folder1
d:\folder\folder2
d:\folder\folder3
d:\folder\folder4

into

d:\folder\folder1.zip
d:\folder\folder2.zip
d:\folder\folder3.zip
d:\folder\folder4.zip

am i making sense?

skwire:
Works pretty much perfectly, i don't know what else to add :D

Oh wait... how about minimizing to the system tray and removing the prog from the taskbar during generation of zip files? Bubbles would pop up saying "Compressing file [3/10] *SPACE* *NAME*" just throwing a thought out there...  8)
-ampedm (March 19, 2008, 11:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll give that some thought.

This might be a longshot but is it also possible to include a "comment file" ie txt etc... from a specific folder in EACH archive the program zips? I am saying its a longshot because that might not be supported by izarcc's command line.
-ampedm (March 19, 2008, 11:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's the beauty of a front-end; you can make it do things that that cannot be done simply on the command-line.  I'll give this request some thought as well.  Thanks for the ideas.

skwire:
hi, just a question but is it possible to zip subfolders within a folder instead of files into separate zip files?

[...]

am i making sense?
-convert (March 20, 2008, 05:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yep, perfect sense.  Wooo...a fourth output mode.  =]  I'll try to find time to add this in the near future.  This weekend is pretty much full...hockey tournament, daughter's birthday party, and who knows what else.  =]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version