ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Compressing files into multiple .zip archives with each .zip being independent

<< < (6/24) > >>

BoyWonder:
Hey!!! This tool is wicked!! This is exactly what Ive been looking for. I was wondering if it is possible to release an updated version that keeps the file name the same with exception to the extension??!?

ie

pic1.jpg –> pic1.zip

This would be a nice option

skwire:
Hey!!! This tool is wicked!! This is exactly what Ive been looking for. -BoyWonder (September 30, 2007, 07:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

I was wondering if it is possible to release an updated version that keeps the file name the same with exception to the extension??!?

ie

pic1.jpg –> pic1.zip

This would be a nice option
-BoyWonder (September 30, 2007, 07:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm...I'm not exactly understanding what you want since there going to be numerous files in each zip (as in, how would I know which filename to make the zipname from?).  Can you elaborate a bit further?

BoyWonder:
What i mean is if I have a folder full of, for instance, images;

pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic3.jpg
etc...

After running Spinzip, I would like to have

pic1.zip
pic2.zip
pic3.zip
etc...

with of course the corresponding compressed file, so in result I would have as many
compressed files as I would uncompressed files.  The only difference would be the file size.

Is this more clear?

Curt:
@ skwire - no problems found, [Edit: wow, you just wrote about this, and I didn't see it!) but it would be so nice if you will add option the keep the original name of the file, please! ie: picSomeName.jpg => picSomeName.jpg.zip, or picSomeName.jpg => picSomeName.zip

Edit2: To clear it up a little: Webshots images's name is vital to another file which contains informations abouth the picture. So the name of the picture cannot / must not be changed.

:tellme:

skwire:
with of course the corresponding compressed file, so in result I would have as many
compressed files as I would uncompressed files.  The only difference would be the file size.
Is this more clear?
-BoyWonder (October 02, 2007, 08:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, so you want one zip per file no matter what the size of the file is, right?  8000 bitmaps would result in 8000 zips, eh?

@ skwire - no problems found, but it would be so nice if you will add option the keep the original name of the file, please! ie: pic1.jpg => pic1.jpg.zip, or pic1.jpg => pic1.zip-Curt (October 02, 2007, 09:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sure, easily done if 'one zip per file' was what BoyWonder initially wanted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version