ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Building a Quiet PC

<< < (6/6)

tomos:
I'm running an Asus Commando Mboard (with a passively cooled chipset) in an  Antec 900 case. The case fans have individual speed controls allowing me to have all of them running slowly and whisper quiet ... -Stoic Joker (March 20, 2009, 09:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

sounds great -
but do those fans have lights on them :tellme:
- that would be worse than a noisy case to me ! :)

Stoic Joker:
I'm running an Asus Commando Mboard (with a passively cooled chipset) in an  Antec 900 case. The case fans have individual speed controls allowing me to have all of them running slowly and whisper quiet ... -Stoic Joker (March 20, 2009, 09:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

sounds great -
but do those fans have lights on them :tellme:
- that would be worse than a noisy case to me ! :)
-tomos (March 20, 2009, 03:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
ROFL ...(is it a computer or a christmas tree?) That is annoying as hell isn't it.

My tower sits under the desk so I can't see the lights and thery're really not that bright. But if you tend to work in a dark room (I do) and it sat on the desk I can definately see it as having tendancy to draw the eye. This wound only be an issue if it was sitting on your right side as there is only a left side window and the front lights have such a low viewing angle you almost have to be viewing it head on to see them.

I'm reasonable sure they can be disabled/removed but it never bothered me enough to delve into...and I've actually come to depend on them as a "Light Meter" for how much dust is on the grill (dim light = clean me).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version