ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Closed Program Bin / Reopen accidentily closed software

<< < (4/11) > >>

Betsy:
:) Try GoneIn60s v1.2.

Changes:
- 20061228 - v1.2: Recovered apps reappear properly.

Skrommel
-skrommel (December 28, 2006, 02:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
I tried "Gone in 60 seconds" a couple of months ago, and I ended up uninstalling it.  It brought everything back without me asking it to.  If I closed the program again, it would reopen it in 60 seconds again, and again, and again...
I would love to use this program, but not until I can prevent that glitch from happening.  Any suggestions?

skrommel:
 :tellme: I'm a but uncertain of what you mean, but I've made GoneIn60s close, not kill a program, to have it ask whether to save any unsaved work. It might be that this is happening.

I could make an option to kill a window instead of closing it...
I've also thought of making it so that rightclicking the X-button kills a program.

Skrommel

Betsy:
:tellme: I'm a but uncertain of what you mean, but I've made GoneIn60s close, not kill a program, to have it ask whether to save any unsaved work. It might be that this is happening.

I could make an option to kill a window instead of closing it...
I've also thought of making it so that rightclicking the X-button kills a program.

No, I must not have explained it clearly.  Let's say I finished using Program A, so I closed it and had no intention of reopening it.  I went on about my business, but a while later Program A popped up all by itself, re-opened by "Gone in 60 Seconds."  I frowned and closed it, and in a little while it popped up again, re-opened by "Gone in 60 seconds."  This went on endlessly until I uninstalled "Gone in 60 seconds."  That's the problem I was referring to.

Skrommel
-skrommel (January 09, 2007, 06:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

skrommel:
 :tellme: Exactly the behaviour you would get from an app with unsaved data.

Skrommel

justice:
Just to feed back to you. There's some problems with, what I think ,the way such software can "catch" closed software. For example, on exiting an app with unsaved info, some spawn a new dialogue asking you whether you want it saved or not, others must spawn a dialogue as part of their app. I am a web developer not a win32 developer so perhaps I am mistaken.

For example the dialogue box on exiting notepad causes problems with GoneIn60s. I also had some problems with Quicktime, closing it while it's still buffering and downloading a movie locked up my pc. I guess this is due to Quicktime's implementation, maybe there are too many variations?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version