Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 18, 2014, 06:50:32 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: IDEA: Closed Program Bin / Reopen accidentily closed software  (Read 40583 times)
bigbazza
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2007, 04:18:39 PM »

How about the option to "Clear ALL" to stop prevoiusly closed programs from popping up again UNWANTED, unless you can fix the problem. bigbazza
Gigo
Participant

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2007, 09:31:44 AM »

Thanks skrommel for a great application.

One bug on my XP machine: when I press the Start button, the whole task bar disappears, and after the 60 seconds I get a system Shutdown message.

Indeed on the Start button I get two tooltips - the original "Click here to begin", and additionally the app's "Gone in X seconds".
bardamu2000
Participant

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2008, 12:15:51 PM »

How about the option to "Clear ALL" to stop prevoiusly closed programs from popping up again UNWANTED, unless you can fix the problem. bigbazza

I have got the same problem of apps coming back automatically after 60s and I think a KILL via tray would be a good an easy solution to this.
Lashiec

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2008, 01:04:49 PM »

Guess who made it to CNET's "The Daily Download Blog"? And featured in the corresponding newsletter, too Grin
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2008, 08:55:22 PM »

Skrommel's seems to be on a sabbatical but maybe all these bug reports may tempt him back.. undecided

bardamu2000
Participant

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2008, 07:04:24 AM »

Skrommel's seems to be on a sabbatical but maybe all these bug reports may tempt him back.. undecided

I hope it does! As for now, the bug with winodws reappearing again and again became so unnerving, that I removed the app from my system :-(
manishnayak
Participant

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2008, 10:45:47 AM »

Could you please include a 16 x 16 icon as well?  Thank you kindly.
apfel
Participant

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2008, 11:50:45 AM »

Bug: Add Explorer.exe on IgnoreList and try to close the Explorer Window, nothing happens...
BTW I use QTTabBar.

Ok, some seconds later everything worked... o_O strange...
(Is it possible to disable the Tooltip with the info, which process is hovered?)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 11:53:35 AM by apfel » Logged
frankl
Participant

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2008, 09:33:47 AM »

I just came across this tiny app which is just what I've been looking for! Thanks a lot!

Unfortunaly however the GoneIn60s.exe has NO icon here (XP Home Sp3). I've re-downloaded it several times, always NO icon, just the name is visible. And what is worse: No icon in the systray either when the app is running?!?!?

Does anybody experience the same bug??? Can the author help me, please?!?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2008, 05:20:20 AM »

This might be a case of skrommel needing to recompile this.. Skrommel wake up!
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2008, 10:20:55 AM »

given the prolific rate that Skrommel writes programs, maintenance will usually take some time. smiley

skrommel
Fastest code in the west
Developer

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2008, 05:13:27 PM »

smiley Just uploaded GoneIn60s v1.4!

- Added option to ignore classes, closes windows when exiting.

Skrommel

Please stop by my site at  1 Hour Software by skrommel  for downloads and more info.
ewemoa
Honorary Member

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2008, 08:54:09 AM »

Great idea and program!  I'm testing it out w.r.t. : IDEA: reopen recently opened explorer windows, history, MRU (thanks to lanux128's suggestion)

I found it amusing while testing that the program's own about box can be recovered -- what a nice bit of semi-self-reference smiley
ewemoa
Honorary Member

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2008, 09:41:54 AM »

In my environment, it appears that (perhaps w/ other factors involved) VirtualBox and GoneIn60s don't play well together [1].  Specifically, I'm finding that some times GoneIn60s doesn't appear to "capture" the apps that I close.

[1] I guess this is not too surprising and I'd hazard a guess that some VMWare products might behave similarly though I haven't tested this myself.

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2008, 08:04:39 PM »

[1] I guess this is not too surprising and I'd hazard a guess that some VMWare products might behave similarly though I haven't tested this myself.

that'd be my guess as well. visualization might interfere with the windows detection. smiley

ewemoa
Honorary Member

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2008, 10:45:02 PM »

My current guess is that apps that do focus-related auto-capturing [1] (e.g. VirtualBox, VMWare, some VNC clients [2]) are likely suspects in being trouble-makers for GoneIn60s.

[1] Is that what you mean by "visualization"?

[2] Now  I have to find some app that has a name not beginning w/ the letter V that I can suspect...hmmm...oh, I did have some trouble while using VirtuaWin [3]...darn, that begins w/ "V" too Sad

[3] Haven't narrowed it down enough to say for sure -- will keep an eye out for this to come up w/ reproducing instructions.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 10:46:38 PM by ewemoa » Logged
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2008, 10:58:36 PM »

My current guess is that apps that do focus-related auto-capturing [1] (e.g. VirtualBox, VMWare, some VNC clients [2]) are likely suspects in being trouble-makers for GoneIn60s.

[1] Is that what you mean by "visualization"?

i meant 'virtualization'. i had meant to say that these type of software might interfere due to the way the AHK script detects the active window. sorry about the typo. embarassed

ewemoa
Honorary Member

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2008, 05:08:54 AM »

Thanks for the clarification -- I think I understand better now smiley

Perhaps if a number of offending apps use a similar approach, if that approach could be coped w/, it would mean that individual app-specific work-arounds wouldn't be necessary...OTOH, may be there are no (or very few) users who are actually experiencing these problems...
cmpm
Charter Member

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2008, 09:22:09 PM »

This is similar to the request.
I don't know how it works, i haven't tried it.
And the homepage for it will not come up.
But here it is at snapfiles.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/smartclose.html
cmpm
Charter Member

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2008, 12:30:27 AM »

Well, I installed it and used it.

It's great for system snapshots.
But to make one it shuts down everything it can.
So it knows what to open back up I guess.
It does keep the computer running at a minimum.

Then restoring the snapshot starts everything it closed.

I had ms word, ac browser plus, slickrun and firefox opened and up on the screen.
It restored everything back to the way it was including the web page I had Firefox on which wasn't my home page.

So it's not similar to the requested program of this thread.

But I think it is unique in that it will open back up everything you had up and working with. Like a workspace saver. And more then one 'workspace' can be saved.

But it has to close everything it can to save. There are no selective options for one or a few programs and services.

So, sorry it don't fit the thread, it's a different deal.

edit-found it here also, didn't search dc for it, before finding it

http://www.donationcoder....um/index.php?topic=6205.0
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 01:03:35 AM by cmpm » Logged
jerone
Participant

« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2009, 04:18:38 PM »

I like to request a feature; an option to remove an item from the list.

It's not possible to close the program permanently, so I have to wait the whole 60 seconds (or different) for the program to close.
kingsmob77
Supporting Member

You can't see any Zaphod Beeblebrox here...

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2009, 01:03:59 PM »

I'm having an unexpected problem with GoneIn60s.

If I close an app using Alt+F4, everything works as expected.  However, if I just click the close button (X) of a window, it will not end up in the list to be restored.

Am I misunderstanding how it is supposed to work?

-K

If it is useless and poorly coded, it is probably one of mine.
kalos

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2012, 03:12:43 PM »

- If not restored, it is gone in 60 seconds

can we disable this? ie. to maintain as many as possible last closed program windows?
CrawlerBrinx
Participant

« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2012, 06:37:04 PM »

An awesome idea with a bit buggy realization.
Nonetheless, thanks for that util!
consumer4beta
Supporting Member

Get the unprecedented eXPerience, get Windows XP!

« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2014, 03:23:45 PM »

Hi Skrommel, first of all sorry to bump an old topic but this app is such a genius. Gonein60Secs in fantastic but would it possible to remove the timeout entirely? How about remembering it until the user logs out/restarts, essentially turning GoneIn60seconds into a Recently closed apps list like the list Windows maintains for documents?
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.049s | Server load: 0.09 ]