ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Winner of Veign's Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite Announced

<< < (7/11) > >>

mouser:
repeating what i said in my reply above:

I think it's important to just reiterate one thing: We never planned on giving away the 2nd copy and the contest only ever described the one copy we were giving away.  The contest was always open to everyone and we gave away the one we intended to.  I
I did mention at the bottom of the post when i announced tinjaw as the winner that Veign decided to give away another copy - I shoudn't have done because it may have gotten people's hopes up that they might still win a bonus second copy.  I apologize for that.
--- End quote ---

I made a mistake of putting a teaser at the bottom of the post i made about who won the contest that veign decided to give another copy away.  It was a stupid thing to do because I guess I got some of you excited about winning it.  It was bad judgement and unfair to you guys. It was never part of the planned contest to give a 2nd copy of, it just came up and i got excited and mentioned it in my post. Perhaps at that point I should have just stuck to that no matter what..

cranioscopical:
Storm in a tea cup.

Had Mouser not been concerned with open communication he need never have posted here at all.

Veign:
What is clear is you now have the prize that all of us put in a bid for, regardless.
-cjkawd (December 08, 2006, 03:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Quick reply: Although the teaser was put it never stated how it would be given away and it was never my intention to use the entrants I had.  This was what was discussed with Mouser, what to do with 2nd copy.  I had expressed concern to him using the existing entrants as that giveaway had concluded when a winner was selected.

Wordzilla:
Sometimes best intentions do not end up with results that satisfy everybody.

When you organize an event/contest, things may go awry, getting out of hand despite all your initial best wishes for the outcome, and you reluctantly end up with a subpar plan b or even plan c - this happens to the best of us.  :)

Calvin: having read and re-read your posts, I respect your opinion, but I don't think it's at all necessary to make a big federal case out of it. :)

- Anderson

CodeTRUCKER:
Storm in a tea cup.

Had Mouser not been concerned with open communication he need never have posted here at all.
-cranioscopical (December 08, 2006, 03:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

A very valid point.  The fact that we are even having this discussion is evidence that no wrongdoing has been perpetrated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version