ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Winner of Veign's Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite Announced

<< < (6/11) > >>

Wordzilla:
I'm just glad you aren't stuck with Borland junk anymore now, mouser :)

-f0dder (December 08, 2006, 03:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

:beerchug:   :beerchug:   :beerchug:

mouser:
ps2. It might help to put things in perspective if you knew that I have been working my a** off recently to get us donated prizes for the game programming contest (vrgirl too!).  It is not fun work, in fact it is downright exhausting.  The C++ Builder contest was far more work than I expected, and frankly these contests may really be just more trouble than they are worth for a small site like ours.  And I don't get any of those prizes - I don't get anything but the satisfaction of having good stuff for people to win, and the satisfaction of knowing that the site improves and becomes a better place that more people will like and that people who are already here will like more (i hope).

I wouldn't dream of entering any contest or giveaway we have on the site; never have, never will.  If I had awarded the contest prize to myself I would expect everyone here to be furious, and rightly so.  Hope it's clear now that that's not what happened.

Veign:
Given what mouser has said, there really is no need for my response as its just saying what has already been said.

One point about my choosing the winner.  I had never known it was Tinjaw who I had selected until mouser pointed it out to me.  I was focusing on the entrants and addressing them by email only.  So, the fact that a DC member was selected was just a coincidence.  Should add this too.  In my top 5 were people who had only wrote a line or two of text.  So it wasn't the length that mattered but what it conveyed.

I also want to say one thing.  I have spent my programming life putting the 'community' before my needs.  I have dedicated countless hours to newsgroups, developing software, asssisting other developers, and just trying to make other people better without worrying about what I get in return.  This was just another way to give back without worrying about lining my own pockets.

I hope people understand that mouser and myself did this with good intentions.

(mouser / DC and me / Veign are not working together in anyway.  I only know of him through these forums)

CodeTRUCKER:
ps2. It might help to put things in perspective if you knew that I have been working my a** off recently to get us donated prizes for the game programming contest (vrgirl too!).  It is not fun work, in fact it is downright exhausting.  The C++ Builder contest was far more work than I expected, and frankly these contests may really be just more trouble than they are worth for a small site like ours.  And I don't get any of those prizes - I don't get anything but the satisfaction of having good stuff for people to win, and the satisfaction of knowing that the site improves and becomes a better place that more people will like and that people who are already here will like more (i hope).

I wouldn't dream of entering any contest or giveaway we have on the site; never have, never will.  If I had awarded the contest prize to myself I would expect everyone here to be furious, and rightly so.  Hope it's clear now that that's not what happened.
-mouser (December 08, 2006, 03:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

I appreciate the additional input.

CodeTRUCKER:
I also want to say one thing.  I have spent my programming life putting the 'community' before my needs.  I have dedicated countless hours to newsgroups, developing software, asssisting other developers, and just trying to make other people better without worrying about what I get in return.  This was just another way to give back without worrying about lining my own pockets.

I hope people understand that mouser and myself did this with good intentions.

(mouser / DC and me / Veign are not working together in anyway.  I only know of him through these forums)
-Veign (December 08, 2006, 03:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

I do have to admit that the effort that is being put into clarifying this situation is very helpful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version