ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Bear Bottoms Freeware: A very nice high-quality software site

<< < (2/12) > >>

Silverstein:
Although I am familiar with several freeware sites, I was not aware of this one. If you aren't either, you might want to check it out.

THE BEST OPEN SOURCE or FREEWARE PROGRAMS AVAILABLE TODAY

Freeware containing program purity (no cost, nags or bundled software) is most important first and foremost.

This site is designed to load fast and get to the point...freeware that stands out.  No ads, no requests for donations, simply a place to help set up free security compainion "suites," find good freeware, technical help, and interesting or helpful websites.   All program download links have been verified safe as much as possible.

I target programs that run on Microsoft Windows XP, though many of these programs are cross-platform.

I put my paw print paw on the Bear Ware award winners.  We could long debate the qualification of "the best" as it is used here.  Suffice it to define as a program that plays it's role very well, which could hardly be topped...but could be equaled. 

--- End quote ---

http://bearbottoms1.com/ (see attachment in previous post)

from alt.comp.freeware
-KenR (November 27, 2006, 03:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hi Ken, since you are from Baton Rouge, you will know about William "Bear Bottoms" and his cocaine smuggling background, the murder of his BIL Barry Seals. I find it strange that you would quote ACF where this issue with Bear Bottoms has been validated.

http://emporium.turnpike.net/P/ProRev/bottoms.htm

He claims to be a "freeware scientist and researcher", what he is is a fraud and a drug smuggler yet to once say "Sorry" for his participation.

http://www.serendipity.li/cia/cd/bb70529.htm

Next time you wish to promote a fellow Baton Rouger, find someone who is worth the trouble.

CWuestefeld:
Next time you wish to promote a fellow Baton Rouger, find someone who is worth the trouble.
-Silverstein (December 14, 2008, 04:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

This site isn't about people's backgrounds, it's about exchanging information about computer software. To the extent that the referenced site is a worthwhile reference for software information (and it is), it is worth mentioning here.

No one here has said anything about the background of the site's creator. We're not advocating his views or condoning his actions; heck, no one had any way of knowing before you mentioned it. Assuming that your accusations are true, perhaps this web site is a hobby keeping its creator busy; to that extent, advocacy of it is a good thing for him and society as a whole.

mouser:
are we even sure this is the same person as mentioned in that article?

Silverstein:
are we even sure this is the same person as mentioned in that article?
-mouser (December 14, 2008, 05:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
Absolutely positive. Admitted by the "freeware scientist" himself. He has been completely vetted and investigated by ACFers. Either "Bear" is a liar, a plagiarer or both.

BTW, he also stole his website design and used copyrighted materials until he was caught and exposed by ACF. Don't believe me? go to Google Groups and see what kind of ignoramus this guy is.

BEWARE OF BEARWARE!!

Dormouse:
Very strange that Silverstein arrives here to draw attention to this thread more than two years after the most recent post. If he/she didn't want the site promoted, then why post in this forgotten thread at all?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version