ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Bear Bottoms Freeware: A very nice high-quality software site

<< < (6/12) > >>

Silverstein:
Mouser, I request that you lock this thread. There is absolutely nothing positive that can come from it.

DC is about computer software and related topics. The background of people whose websites are mentioned here is not in our purview. We're usually pretty lenient about being off-topic, but in this case, where can the discussion possibly lead that helps us at all?

(I am not in any way associated with bear bottoms nor Mr. Silverstein)
-CWuestefeld (December 14, 2008, 07:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
Considering your interest in government coverups, and the quality of individuals who have worked for them

http://www.thewuestefelds.com/blog/

I find your post to lock hard to imagine.

Target:
A quick browse of ACF will list innumerable threads villifying BearBottoms (and many others for that matter)

Not sure what caused the enmity certain ACFers feel about this individual but I've been a long term lurker (several years) and the ACF community seems to have been over run by a new breed of usenetters

Unfortunately it has also ceased (IMHO) to live up to any reputation it might have had as a useful source of freeware (though if your interested in name calling you might find it worth a visit...)

cmpm:
This is not about politics or crime.
This is about you Silverstein.

Point out the software or have a can of shutup.

Deozaan:
Since no attempt at a logical, friendly discussion is being made by a certain poster in this thread, I think we can all learn something from the signs at the zoo.

Warning: Do not feed the trolls.

Silverstein:
Silverstein,

I think one of the main issues here is that you're new here, coming in guns ablaze in an attempt to tell everyone how terrible "Bear" Bottoms is by reviving a 2 year old thread everybody has forgotten about (and my guess is that most people didn't even know about), linking to websites that either result in 404 or are just newsgroup conversations where anybody can say anything (i.e. they have no substance), much like you and I can have this conversation here.

I'm not saying that you're lying, or that "Bear" is a saint. But what's the point in digging up a two year old thread that has been long forgotten, and in such an inflammatory manner?
-Deozaan (December 14, 2008, 07:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
You're kidding me.

Whether the thread is old, I am new or the moon is setting in the eastern sky is of no consequence to the truth regarding this scoundrel. The OP used "alt.comp.freeware" as a locus, I find this despicable. I will assume even though he is from the very same town of Bear Bottoms that he is unaware of Bottoms, the real Bottoms.

To use ACF in the OP post menas I feel the strong need to disassociate the very good found in ACF with anything Botttoms.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version