ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Bear Bottoms Freeware: A very nice high-quality software site

(1/12) > >>

KenR:
Although I am familiar with several freeware sites, I was not aware of this one. If you aren't either, you might want to check it out.

THE BEST OPEN SOURCE or FREEWARE PROGRAMS AVAILABLE TODAY

Freeware containing program purity (no cost, nags or bundled software) is most important first and foremost.

This site is designed to load fast and get to the point...freeware that stands out.  No ads, no requests for donations, simply a place to help set up free security compainion "suites," find good freeware, technical help, and interesting or helpful websites.   All program download links have been verified safe as much as possible.

I target programs that run on Microsoft Windows XP, though many of these programs are cross-platform.

I put my paw print paw on the Bear Ware award winners.  We could long debate the qualification of "the best" as it is used here.  Suffice it to define as a program that plays it's role very well, which could hardly be topped...but could be equaled. 

--- End quote ---

http://bearbottoms1.com/

from alt.comp.freeware

bearbottoms:
Greetings folks.  Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from the Bear.  Thank you for noticing my website.  I have noticed DonationCoder a while back and list from their site on mine.  I also have a link back to DonationCoder on my links page, as this is one of the great places to get your software on the web.

There are not many authors of software so involved interactively with end-users and DonationCoder is truly an innovator.  :Thmbsup:

Bear

nudone:
just wanted to say thanks to KenR for mentioning the above site and to bearbottoms for creating the list of freeware.

i've decided to replace the free version of Zone Alarm for bearbottom's recommended 'comodo personal firewall'. why? well, to me it looks like 'comodo' has pretty much every option you could want - even from a paid for software firewall. i especially like the ability to set port numbers (not available in the free version of zone alarm), and the detailed information that is displayed by 'comodo' when prompting you about new in/out connections - again port and ip numbers are displayed. AND further, it had the nice feature of telling me about 'safe' connections from software i had just installed - which makes me think this is and ideal firewall to recommend to someone with very little internet 'common sense'.

i think i'm also going to ditch my current free avast virus scanner and replace it with 'antivir' as avasts interface just does my head in (stupid skins). whilst avast has been good on one occasion about detecting a virus on my system, it's missed a couple of others so 'antivir' might serve me better other than it just having a cleaner interface.

another free program mentioned by bearbottoms is 'spyware terminator' which looks as good as anything out there that you have to pay for.

i've not provided any links as you'll find them over at bearbottoms website - i really think it's a good list of apps.

zridling:
Ken delivers again! Love the Bear Bottoms' layout and his recommendations. Thanks for sharing.

Mark0:
Nice! Lots of interesting software to try & check!

Bye!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version