ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Another alt.comp.freeware post on donationcoder.com, for your consideration

<< < (4/4)

mouser:
John, your post just made my day  :-*

superboyac:
Great story, john.  True colors shine through in the end, don't they?  You just can't help to appreciate something when it's done with integrity and good intentions.

OldElmerFudd:
Just my 2 pennies...

As a long-time lurker on ACF, I've seen changes over the years that sometimes happen when an unmoderated group stays active for a long time. Many of the regulars are helpful and friendly, but a few can take very hard-nosed positions. Long threads start up that really go nowhere. I read Mouser's attempts to state the aims and positions of DC and commend his restraint.

The knotheads in the ACF group are not necessarily uniformed, just inflexible at times. Some of the most hard-headed are very knowledgeable and offer useful suggestions to freeware questions. On balance, the majority of posters are decent folks, but like all of us, a little quirky. (Otherwise we wouldn't spend this much time in front of our machines, LOL!)

I'm also one of those who appreciates the civility the members of this site show each other. Frankly, that counts nearly as much as the multiple benefits I've enjoyed as a member.

With kind regards,
OEF

wyrwolf:
It's a flipping NewsGroup, people! Jeez. And as a regular lurker and occasional poster in both, my only comment is some friendly bits of advice: 1) keep it in perspective - these are just 2 out of a number of good resources; 2) a little courtesy goes a long way and it's best to keep people lacking in it a long way away; 3) a little honest pride is nice to see but elitism (of any stripe) sucks; and 4) in cyber-space, no-one can hear you scream.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version