ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Another alt.comp.freeware post on donationcoder.com, for your consideration

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
Well, i understand what you are saying, but i still think it always pays to make an attempt to explain your position in a clear and calm way, for those people with an open mind.

And for the record, as I've stated before, I really *do* respect their interest in defending the idea of freeware, and can see why they would be very sensitive to the slippery slope of the term freeware being applied to things that they don't feel are free in a pure sense.  I do think it's a debate worth having - but maybe that's just because i think it's always worth while to debate the meaning of words. :)

Carol Haynes:
Good luck then - but get some headache remedies ready for when you have had enough of banging your head against a brick wall ;)

Veign:
Well, i understand what you are saying, but i still think it always pays to make an attempt to explain your position in a clear and calm way, for those people with an open mind.

And for the record, as I've stated before, I really *do* respect their interest in defending the idea of freeware, and can see why they would be very sensitive to the slippery slope of the term freeware being applied to things that they don't feel are free in a pure sense.
-mouser (November 26, 2006, 05:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

I agree but sometimes feel the line of purity is too strict and needs more of a fuzzy logic applied.  That's why I like this idea of this website.  Things aren't set in stone but more like written on a chalk board and open to change for the better.

Darwin:
Crap. I wrote a lengthy response and was just editing it into something readable when it disappeared (hope it doesn't turn up in this thread!). Anyway, forget about explaining your vision to these people, mouser. You're wasting time you could more profitably spend coding!

lanux128:
i'm not even going to comment on this.. i'd rather spend my time test-drive the latest version of SC..  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version