topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 2:36 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: ColorBlender: free online tool for color matching and palette design  (Read 9014 times)

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I'm doing a complete overhaul of one of my personal websites and I need to choose a color scheme to use. I've been messing around the past few days with some online tools, but I found one that I really like.

colorblender.com
[attachthumb=#1][/attachthumb]
To get started, choose a preferred color using the color picker below, and a 6-color matching palette (a "blend") will be automatically calculated.
Using the radio buttons you may switch to Direct Edit mode to tweak or edit individual colors of your blend.
Blends can be saved for future use, and will be available whenever you return to this site from the same workstation, given that your browser accepts cookies.

[update]
I stumbled upon a web page that lists the good ones and what they are used for. It is a good place to start exploring.

edit by jgpaiva: fixed links. thanks lanux!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 03:31 AM by jgpaiva »

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: ColorBlender: free online tool for color matching and palette design
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 09:44 PM »
tinjaw: both links are broken, i think it's because of the double quotes. here is how it turns out if you click on it.. (at least on Firefox2)
http://"http//colorblender.com/"

johnfdeluca

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: ColorBlender: free online tool for color matching and palette design
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 02:20 PM »
And not so much for website design, but for interior design, painting or faux finish there is an AWESOME piece of software called CBN Selector http://www.cbnsystem.com/software/selector_features.asp.  You can load an image (e.g., a picture of the living room), frame out different things in the image (the couch, the walls, the floor, the fireplace, etc.), then try on different colors and  styles. Now I am sure many pieces of software do this but the thing with this is that

• you have so much precision control on the color
  • you can use color chips from all major paints (ben moore, behr, valspar)
  • you can then show complementary colors for accent work

Now, I am likely not the best person to plug this software.....my partner is a muralist and decorative paint designer and found this a short while ago and RAVES about it.  He constantly is talking about how much this software helps him to his job.  So if there are any interior or exterior designers or painters out there, give it a test drive and post your feedback & findings here. 

I have no affiliation with the software or company.