topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 5:10 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Firefox 2 - peculiar cookie problem??  (Read 3715 times)

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Firefox 2 - peculiar cookie problem??
« on: November 24, 2006, 06:16 PM »
I am getting a very odd problem with Firefox 2 and cookies.

Until recently I have had no problems accessing my email account and 'home' page with my ISP (BT Yahoo) and keeping logged in for 24 hours. Even when I was automatically logged out it just requested my password as a security check.

Now I am getting fully logged out and going back to the full login page when I access the pages (though not consistently). I have cleared cookies and the browser cache and checked that cookies are being stored for my session and everything seems fine.

At first I thought it may be a glitch with the login system so I tried to do the same in Internet Explorer 7 and I don't experience this problem in that browser.

Anyone any ideas ?

I haven't installed any new extensions in Firefox recently and I haven't changed the browser options wrt security/privacy etc.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Firefox 2 - peculiar cookie problem??
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 03:10 AM »
Anyone any ideas ?

Dunno if this relevant or helpful ...  :)

I had problems staying logged in since I installed FF2 - to here, for example, & gmail -
 I mean:
I would leave e.g. the gmail open, and when I close program & restart it (using Tabmixplus session saver) would be back to login page.
After getting an update to the Tab mix plus extension this morning which prompted me to use FF's own session saver (which i did), my gmail stays logged in & DC too.
Tom

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Firefox 2 - peculiar cookie problem??
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 03:32 AM »
Strange - I don't have TabMixPlus installed and I don;'t appear to have had problems with the DC website - just my BT Yahoo login. Is anyone else using Yahoo mail experiencing similar probs - maybe it is a change in their website ???